Please review...

ebe8sla

Reaction score
I just set up this site for credit education. The links don't go anywhere yet. Before I get to the real meat of the site, I wanted to get feedback on the layout of the homepage. The rest of the site will follow suit. Thanks for your comments.

www.ficofixtips.com

Last edited:

papadon

Reaction score
I just set up this site for credit education. The links don't go anywhere yet. Before I get to the real meat of the site, I wanted to get feedback on the layout of the homepage. The rest of the site will follow suit. Thanks for your comments.

www.ficofixtips.com

It looks cluttered to me - too many things competing with each other in too little space.

Salvatos

Prime Account
Reaction score
Everything is too big, way too big.
The logo... is it supposed to be halfway out of the main table? It's breaking the website's balance.
The navigation should be more centered and separated from the content - but not just out of it.

As a sidenote, I can't help but feel like someone is gonna try to scam me if I use your website.

tittat

Reaction score
Why the logo is placed out of the table/layout??? is it intentional...

ebe8sla

Reaction score
Yeah, the logo was placed like that purposely. I may have to rethink the layout if it seems like a scam, thanks.

xmakina

Reaction score
The logo and navigation have fallen out of the page. If you're going for that paper-background look, keep everything on it. It looks very unprofessional.

Speak of the nav, white on light grey is bloody hard to read.

The spacers look like the boxes you get when an image fails to load. Probably want to to change those so something more solid.

If I'm going to be doing anything with finances I want contact details by the dozen. I want an address, a phone number and preferably a photo of someone. I want referrable assurances that you won't use the information against me.

Who said that quote? You? Real reliable source that. If you're going to quote tell us who said it and why.

You show a blank card in someones hand. That's a lot more threatening than I think you realise. A lot of people are much more paranoid about the internet these days and will see "someone with their credit card". You should look into changing that image.

sunils

Reaction score
The background is ok. and the other things are just simple enough. In my opinion needs more improvememnt.

Salvatos

Prime Account
Reaction score
Better. I'll be curious to see what the content looks like though.

As of now, people will probably tell you that you need hover effects on your navigation.

Apart from that, there's a little something with your header, but I cannot seem to pinpoint it very well. It looks like your header and navigation want to blend together, but they're not quite doing it. I guess I'm not really clear.
Maybe your navigation is standing out too much from your header. I'd say, just experiment with it, we'll see what comes out of it ^^