Database server config

marshmallow1304

Reaction score
I'm using an application (Statfink 2.1.0) that needs a mySQL database. I've already created the database and a user. According to cPanel, the database name is "marsh_Statfink" and the username is "marsh_stats". In Statfink config, I must enter "Database Host", "Database Name", "Database Username", and "Database Password". Password is the only one I know for sure. I think host should be 'localhost'. Should the db Name and db Username include the 'marsh_' prefix? I've tried several combinations, but I keep getting

"Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'stats'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/marsh/public_html/statfink/helm/config/index.php on line 146"

Also, I'm getting a lot of loading errors when trying to access any part of my site.
Edit:
I got it to work. I don't know what I did wrong, but I fixed it.

Last edited:

Fearghal

Reaction score
You have used an incorrect username or password.

The common mistake is the username for mysql has your cPanel username in it too.

cPanel username:me
MySql username: hello

Mysql username to input to connect me_hello.

Good Luck

Nathan H

Reaction score
Posting your mysql connect statement (password removed obviously) would help in checking, but it seems like you are using an incorrect login username for the database you are trying to access. remember the username and database name are normally the same and they are in the format [cpanel name]_[database name]