i need script help

Status
Not open for further replies.

x_spiey2003

Reaction score
OK i downloaded a contact form script from http://www.php.net and edited to have all my information and uploaded to my contact page of site but i cant make it appear on the site is there sum kinda run script code i need to put into my main index to make it appear any help will be greatly appreciated and if it works ill even give u my credits

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
well..

whats the script? and where's your site? lol

freecrm

Reaction score
OK i downloaded a contact form script from http://www.php.net and edited to have all my information and uploaded to my contact page of site but i cant make it appear on the site is there sum kinda run script code i need to put into my main index to make it appear any help will be greatly appreciated and if it works ill even give u my credits

firstly, have you named the page something.php?

you need the .php extension to run a php script...

Other than that, leafpiggy is right because we ain't got a clue what the script is!

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score

i can't find any scripts on php.net lol

anyone else find them? lol

x_spiey2003

Reaction score
here is the exact url for the script http://www.free-php.net/detail/link-12.html
its from the links section of php site sorry
Edit:
i keep tryin to fix it but each time i get this

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting ']' in /home/xdefiant/public_html/contact/contact.php on line 25
Edit:
well fixed one error now got a bunch more
Warning: include(/contact.php/home/xdefiant/public_html/contact/contact/inc/header.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xdefiant/public_html/contact/contact.php on line 43

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/contact.php/home/xdefiant/public_html/contact/contact/inc/header.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/x10hosting/php1/pear') in /home/xdefiant/public_html/contact/contact.php on line 43

Warning: include(/contact.php/home/xdefiant/public_html/contact/contact/inc/contactform.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xdefiant/public_html/contact/contact.php on line 44

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/contact.php/home/xdefiant/public_html/contact/contact/inc/contactform.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/x10hosting/php1/pear') in /home/xdefiant/public_html/contact/contact.php on line 44

Warning: include(/contact.php/home/xdefiant/public_html/contact/contact/inc/footer.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xdefiant/public_html/contact/contact.php on line 45

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/contact.php/home/xdefiant/public_html/contact/contact/inc/footer.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/x10hosting/php1/pear') in /home/xdefiant/public_html/contact/contact.php on line 45
Edit:
PHP:
<?

include('inc/config.inc');

if ($_SERVER['REQUEST_METHOD'] == "POST") {

$name     = $_POST[name];
      $email    = $_POST[email];
      $company  = $_POST[company];
      $phone    = $_POST[Unavailable];
      $website  = $_POST[website];
      $msg      = $_POST[msg];
      $subject  = $_POST[subject];

// $msg2 is set in config.inc which formats the body of the message
	   mail("$adminemail[$who]", "$subjectheader $subject", "$msg2", "From: $email \nReply-To: $email");

if ($redirecturl != "") {
         header("Location: $redirecturl");
      } else {
         echo "<br><center>$finishedtext</center><br>";
      }

} else {
      include($script_dir . '/inc/header.php');
	   include($script_dir . '/inc/contactform.php');
      include($script_dir . '/inc/footer.php');
	}
?>

Last edited:

Nathan H

Reaction score
try replaceing
PHP:
include($script_dir . '/inc/header.php');
include($script_dir . '/inc/contactform.php');
include($script_dir . '/inc/footer.php');
with something more like
PHP:
include('/inc/header.php');
include('/inc/contactform.php');
include('/inc/footer.php');

and also making sure the the included files are there on the directory structure

x_spiey2003

Reaction score
i did as u said and got this

Warning: include(/inc/header.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xdefiant/public_html/contact/contact.php on line 43

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/inc/header.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/x10hosting/php1/pear') in /home/xdefiant/public_html/contact/contact.php on line 43

Warning: include(/inc/contactform.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xdefiant/public_html/contact/contact.php on line 44

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/inc/contactform.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/x10hosting/php1/pear') in /home/xdefiant/public_html/contact/contact.php on line 44

Warning: include(/inc/footer.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xdefiant/public_html/contact/contact.php on line 45

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/inc/footer.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/x10hosting/php1/pear') in /home/xdefiant/public_html/contact/contact.php on line 45

what does this mean
(include_path='.:/x10hosting/php1/pear') as you can tell im not the best at coding
Edit:
I have checked double checked triple checked hell im about to just let one of you go into my cpanel and see what u can do with it x.x
Edit:
i did as u said and got this

Warning: include(/inc/header.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xdefiant/public_html/contact/contact.php on line 43

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/inc/header.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/x10hosting/php1/pear') in /home/xdefiant/public_html/contact/contact.php on line 43

Warning: include(/inc/contactform.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xdefiant/public_html/contact/contact.php on line 44

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/inc/contactform.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/x10hosting/php1/pear') in /home/xdefiant/public_html/contact/contact.php on line 44

Warning: include(/inc/footer.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xdefiant/public_html/contact/contact.php on line 45

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/inc/footer.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/x10hosting/php1/pear') in /home/xdefiant/public_html/contact/contact.php on line 45

it just hit me /public_html/contact/inc would be the dir name so i need to find where in the scripts this is and rewright yea?
Edit:
ah hahhaha thx everyone i figured it out dont worry ill give rep for all the help
Edit:
time fo rthis thread to close engh oh and anyone who needs sum free php scripts go the aforementioned site

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.