Probably very noobisch(and simple to solve) problem...

roekoeboe

Reaction score
ok i just learned these languages like html, Css, i know javascript.. tho i suck at php -.- but thats not why i'm here.

the point is that i made a site in html with a lot of stuff on it, even some flash... but then a problem came, how do i put this online using x10hosting.

i'm really new to x10hosting or any hosting and i never did this before. i just dumped the files in the directory and hoped that they would work together as a website, but they won't. do i have to put a script in my site or something? to put it online as homepage second page etc? or?

please help!

thanks in advance guys!
(btw i don't know if this is the good section to post this question but i just think this would fit here.)
Edit:
Could somebody please answer my question? because i put the .html file in the file directory or something and it won't show up as my site? please help! i really need a answer quick!

Last edited:

Pi606

Reaction score
To upload files to your website, you can use cpanel, which is located at
http://yoursite.x10hosting.com/cpanel
And then use the file manager to upload files into your public_html directory.

You can also use FTP, which tends to be faster and easier, but you need a FTP program. I like filezilla, which is free. You then can configure this to use your x10 FTP account (in fact, i think cpanel can do that for you). You can then use filezilla to directly transfer your files to the server, which tends to be fater than cpanel.

Last edited:

roekoeboe

Reaction score
If you put files in the directory public_html, they will show up on your domain/subdomain.
Example: I have the file blah.html and want to have it up at http://mysite.x10hosting.com/
Assuming my main domain is mysite.x10hosting.com, I can upload the file in the public_html folder, and it will be visible at
http://mysite.x10hosting.com/blah.html
so if i were to put my page 1 named for example "home" in the public_html i could watch this page at signbrother.exofire/home?
... so what do i do with the background pictures/flash files.. and CSS . do i put them in public_html as wel?

(and this works with php files as wel right?)

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
yes that is correct
and also you should name your first home page, index.html/php since apache goes to index.* or you could use .htaccess to tell it to home.html/php but that is more work

roekoeboe

Reaction score
yes that is correct
and also you should name your first home page, index.html/php since apache goes to index.* or you could use .htaccess to tell it to home.html/php but that is more work

uhm.. for some reason i have no idea what apache is... i have it installed tho :S

anyway, so if i call my homepage index.html/php , if people go to bla.domain.com do they auto get redirected to bla.domain.com/index.html?

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
uhm.. for some reason i have no idea what apache is... i have it installed tho :S

anyway, so if i call my homepage index.html/php , if people go to bla.domain.com do they auto get redirected to bla.domain.com/index.html?

yes if you don't specify anything else in the .htaccess by:

Code:
DirectoryIndex index.html

Apache is the webserver

roekoeboe

Reaction score
uhm. -.- for some reason after putting my site in the public_html and re-naming it index.html if i go to signbrothers.elementfx.com/index.html it says the page doesnt exist.... ?

Last edited:

rsguthix

Reaction score
Make sure whenever you reference a page or object, it links to the new directory rather than an old one.