User Page

rs.top

Reaction score
On my site i am looking for a way to make a page for other admins to see information for each user. I am wondering if there is a way to make it so it doesn't take up disk space. Is there a way to do this in the SQL but where any admin on my site can get to it?

quantum1

Reaction score
If the user information is already in a database you just need a web page that runs a query based on optional input from a form. I am not sure what you mean by not taking up any disk space. If you give more information about your situation and what your are trying to do then we can give a better answer.

AttackBunnyPro

Reaction score
Just use GET variables with a database. Have a url of something like www.url.com/userlookup.php?username=bob . Collect the variable, and use that to retrieve the data from php. Add a single line of code that checks whether or not they are logged in as an admin. If you need more help, just ask!

rs.top

Reaction score
well what i mean is not taking up any of my sites disk space. No information what so ever is in a data base, I do not have an admin login form and have no idea how to set one up. I think i might like your idea Attack if it doesn't take any space.......

xmakina

Reaction score
Er... what? You can't have a page without, well, having a page. And you certainly can't have users without storing their information in a database.

You don't have anything and you don't want to make anything yet you do want something. It's not so much your web expertise as your grip on reality I question...

Salvatos

Prime Account
Reaction score
*lols*

I have to agree you probably won't be able to set admin rights or any user information at all without a database. And whatever you put on your website will always take disk space as you actually need somewhere to write your code if you want the site to do... anything.

AttackBunnyPro

Reaction score
Using a database is by far the most efficient way to do this. Here's what I recommend doing:
Database:
1) Create a database
2) Assign a user to it
3) Create a table that will store all users, indicating somewhere whether or not they are an administrator

Web-end:
1) Create a form and a way for them to register/login
2) Have them insert whatever data it is you need when they register
3) Create a form processing page that will insert their information into your SQL table
4) Create a page for administrators to add new administrators
5) Create a page for administrators to view user info, using a get variable and a url to associate a user with the page
6) Make sure that when the variable doesn't exist, a user list pops up
7) Use the get variable and retrieve data from the database
8) Display the data

Using PHP and MySQL this is quite possible. If you need more help, just say so.

freecrm

Reaction score
Hmm - yet another no answer to all your efforts - this is why I don't try half the time!! lol