Abortion

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, it needs to be discussed.

It is wrong. Very wrong. Discuss Please.

I got this email this morning:

A worried woman went to her gynecologist and said:

'Doctor, I have a serious problem and desperately need your help! My baby is
not even 1 yr. old and I'm pregnant again. I don't want kids so close together.'

So the doctor said: 'Ok and what do you want me to do?'

She said: 'I want you to end my pregnancy, and I'm counting on your help with this.'

The doctor thought for a little, and after some silence he said to the lady: 'I think I have a better solution for your problem. It's less dangerous for you too.'

She smiled, thinking that the doctor was going to accept her request.

Then he continued: 'You see, in order for you not to have to take care of 2 babies at the same time, let's kill the one in your arms. This way, you could rest some before the other one is born. If we're going to kill one of them, it doesn't matter which one it is. There would be no risk for your body if you chose the one in your arms.

The lady was horrified and said: 'No doctor! How terrible! It's a crime to kill a child!

'I agree', the doctor replied. 'But you seemed to be ok with it, so I thought maybe that was the best solution.

The doctor smiled, realizing that he had made his point.

He convinced the mom that there is no difference in killing a child that's already been born and one that's still in the womb. The crime is the same!

If you agree, please forward. Together we can help save precious lives!

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm normally very shy to responding to these types of discussions, but I'll take a shot at this one. I personally feel as though Abortion itself is bad. Sure, natural abortion is fine, no one can control that but if people just create childs, find out they can't take care of them and don't want them, first of all, why are they even bringing a child to life in the first place, or why aren't they giving them to someone who would want them? I find abortion wrong, but yet again if someone is that cruel, there's no stopping them truthfully.

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
This is also on my list of things not to talk about, but then how would the world get any better? I completely agree with the doctor but there is validity to both sides of the argument. Killing an unborn baby after it becomes a fetus or after the third trimester is murder. By then, the baby has all it's organs in place and it is a human being who can move and feel, but before that it is just a ball of cells just starting to specialize. The mother should be able to choose to have an abortion before the baby is formed if the mother cannot support the child or if conception was an accident. No use fidgeting over the technicalities if the baby is going to be born into neglect or poverty because the parent is not ready/does not want a child. I agree with abortion with the restriction of when it can be preformed, as stated above only I'm only weighing the child's best interests in the present and future. This being said from an under aged male democrat, knowing my mom and many other women who share my belief. I forwarded this to all my contacts. This thread could really use a poll...

*Pained*

Last edited:

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
Well you can argue whether its good or bad all day, but regardless people are going to have it done anyway.

If someone wants to get an abortion, they will find any means necessary to get one. If abortion was illegal, that person would go through any means necessary, no matter how unsafe or unsanitary in order to get that abortion.

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
I doubt it. Would a person potentially kill himself to not have a child who is in the right mind? Maybe murder the child after it is born, but whoever wants the abortion is almost always looking out for themselves, and would not attempt it.

scottnj

Reaction score
Well you can argue whether its good or bad all day, but regardless people are going to have it done anyway.

If someone wants to get an abortion, they will find any means necessary to get one. If abortion was illegal, that person would go through any means necessary, no matter how unsafe or unsanitary in order to get that abortion.
This is true, there are some people who are just so stubborn that they don't care at all. And they will just abort because they think they can just make a 'mistake'/'accident' disappear. If they don't want to have a child, they need to not have sex. Plain and simple. Yes there are condoms and birth control, but there is still that chance.

I doubt it. Would a person potentially kill himself to not have a child who is in the right mind? Maybe murder the child after it is born, but whoever wants the abortion is almost always looking out for themselves, and would not attempt it.
You'd be surprised, I've heard some wacky stories.

In my opinion, Abortion is very much wrong. And the only way I can even remotely come close to it being ok, is if somebody is raped, and only before the baby becomes a fetus. Because that person had no choice, they likely aren't ready for a baby, and how is a parent supposed to explain to their child that 'I don't know your child, you weren't supposed to be born because I was raped'.

leafypiggy

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, that is exactly what I mean. However, in a rape case, there is nothing that can really be done, and we see it all the time in the news. But... There is always Adoption. Giving a child away because you are too young to handle one, or you just can't deal with the responsibility is a much better choice then murdering a living thing.

Although I do somewhat believe that *technicly* the *fetus* isn't *alive* directly after conception. It will still mature into a living, breating human being. And that is how God made it.

--Neil

Ainokea

Reaction score
I think there is times when it is justified what if the girl was rapped? Now shes pregnant its not her fault. Plus I believe abortions only happen within the first 18 weeks so its technically unable to survive by its self. I think there is some separation from government and religion on this topic.

If abortion is legal why cant stem cell research be? For people who dont know what stem cell research is. Its a zygote (fertilized egg), that has all its genes turned on. The difference between a skin cell and a liver cell is the genes that turned on. So technically with stem cells they maybe be able to grow organs.

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
What if the woman got raped? If you were a woman, and you got raped and pregnant, would you want to keep the baby? I surely wouldn't want that if I was a woman, But if it is just that they don't want it anymore etc, then no

adamlinux

Reaction score
I think that this is only right under certain circumstances such as rape or medical issues that could harm the mother. Other than that though I think its pretty simple, women shouldn't have a "get out of pregnancy card" that they can play every time they get knocked up. I guess if they are bummed about being pregnant they should think about crap like that the next time they have sex. As far as I'm concerned they should be stuck with it and only have the option to put it up for adoption if they cannot take care of the child.

Last edited:

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
Adoption is a way of having the child live, but a very miserable life knowing that your parents didn't want you. How would you feel knowing that you were a mistake, and your parents wanted you dead but the law stopped them from killing you? If someone is raped, they can buy a pregnancy test early enough to make the third trimester deadline. It is in the best interest of the child. Adoption should only be an option if the parent dies somehow.

adamlinux

Reaction score
I dunno Twinkie I know some adpoted kids and they seem perfectly happy to me, also most familys that adopt have to pass a test and most of the adopted kids I know have loving, well off parents. Personally I would rather feel unwanted that be in a home that didn't want me but had to keep me.

leafypiggy

Staff member
Reaction score
its not like they are giving the kid when they are like 10 or somthing. They don't even know that they aren't their parents. And i'm sure that if their pseudo-parents wanted to, they would tell them in due time. I know many kids that are adopted, and they are fine with it. Its not really like knowing your parents hate you. Its knowing that they wanted the best for you, and they couldn't support you on their own.

House or Street. Its that kind of difference.

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
That is true, in the best case scenario of a perfect child. There are many happy cases when a child gets adopted, and lives without abandonment issues. There are also cases where the child is not adopted, or is born with a health defect and no one adopts them. I say it is better to wait until the parents are ready for the child to come out, to have a happy life, instead of coming out by accident. Wouldn't you agree?

leafypiggy

Staff member
Reaction score
Sometimes. I mean. Not everyone is un-biased. Not everyone is going to say "Oh, a child with special needs. I feel bad for them" and then adopt them.

But then, there is that one loner that understands how the kid feels, and humbles themselves to care for the child.

And, most of the disabilities for new-borns are very rare. And only happen in special cases. As long as the biological mother takes care of herself during her pregnancy, the child should be born without problems or disabilities.

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
There are other reasons, I don't feel like listing them out. Adopted children have hard lives sometimes. I guess whether abortion is ethical greatly depends on when a child becomes a child and when it is just a ball of cells, I would say it's a child when it becomes a fetus and it has all it's organs in place. Before that it is not really alive, and it is better to wait for a good life to come to the baby.

BTW: I was premature myself, was trying to come out at 20 weeks. My mom had to stay in be for months to keep me alive.

BentFX

Reaction score
Something that aggravates me about the abortion debate is the phrase 'pro choice'. Except in the case of rape there has already been a choice made. They chose to have sex! Had they chose to keep their pants on, there would be no issue.

In my mind, abortion is akin to murder, yet there is an entire industry built up around the practice.

Suicide is illegal, yet morally it is better than abortion. We don't allow people to kill themselves. Yet we allow mothers to kill their offspring, with the only condition being that the child must not have breathed air yet.

And why is it mom is the only one who gets a choice. Wasn't there a father involved in the creation of the child. What are his choices.

I think abortions are going to remain legal, because of the fear surrounding 'illegal abortions'.

I think we should look to Barack Obama for leadership on the issue. He was a black child born to a single white woman in the racially charged environment of the 1960's. She had no legal choice to end her pregnancy. Would the world be a better place if she had?

I CHOOSE LIFE!!!

M

Macaws

What if the woman got raped? If you were a woman, and you got raped and pregnant, would you want to keep the baby? I surely wouldn't want that if I was a woman, But if it is just that they don't want it anymore etc, then no

Yeah, true. But also, I think its the woman's choice.
I am not for it or against it. It's their choice.

agroup

Reaction score
I think that this is only right under certain circumstances such as rape or medical issues that could harm the mother. Other than that though I think its pretty simple, women shouldn't have a "get out of pregnancy card" that they can play every time they get knocked up. I guess if they are bummed about being pregnant they should think about crap like that the next time they have sex. As far as I'm concerned they should be stuck with it and only have the option to put it up for adoption if they cannot take care of the child.
i think so