Google Analytics Awesome but how can i use it to promote

balaji2u

Reaction score
I started using google analytics for my sites and it shows good statistics about the visits of my site with nearly accurate data.
But the thing i want to know is well im getting all the report about how many users visiting my site,whats the bound rate,where the visitors coming from but how can i use it to promote my site?
should i need to stuff more key words that gets me visitors to my meta description tag ? or some thing like that?
what ever please give me an overview about how can i use this data effectively to promote my sites.

Ainokea

Reaction score
well you need to know what site their referring from, what is getting the most hits and if there spending some time on that page. If not its false data.

This stuff is tricky because you just dont know which it is. You can only make inferences on what they are doing. But generally thats my philosophy on it.

balaji2u

Reaction score
you mean to say analytics are just for watching?sry cant get you :(

Ainokea

Reaction score
I'm saying analytic can be helpful but dont rely to heavily on them... You need to draw a lot of inferences from them. If someone stays on your site for 2 hours, its most likely they just left the browser open but then again you never know. You want to track traffic that returns, that's the people who you want to maintain. Analytic is a lot of guess work.... I personally use woopra which gives real time statistics and the ability to chat with users.

What type is your site? business, blogs, etc..

balaji2u

Reaction score
oh great explanation.
im using it on two sites on is a blog Site360
and another is a directory Gmoz
Please tell me where to get woopra and how to use it?

balaji2u

Reaction score
yes i signed up there and they give me a code just like google analytics but even after i inserted that code my site is not approved?
is waiting patiently is the only way?
after that only i can start seeing the analytics?
can i add more sites now?

freecrm

Reaction score
I use Google Analytics on 3 sites now, in conjunction with Statcounter.

As mentioned, Analytics only shows what you already know, but to be clear, you can't use it as a direct tool to improve your stats.

Another reference is Google webmaster tools, which gives a better indication of ranking and any site issues with bots.

Unfortunately, Analytics is only good AFTER you've done all the meta tag work - just to see if it has worked!

Things to do to for SEO (Search Engine Optimisation)

identify your primary keywords for your site.

maintain these keywords in the following areas:

URL
Page Title
Meta description
Meta Keywords (although not used as much now - try keeping to less than 25)
<h1> and <h2> tags (headings)
Body text
Alt descriptions on images.

All these will help and if a SE finds similar phrases in all these areas, it is likely to be higher ranked.

Then you can see how its working with things like Google Analytics and checking the keyword searches.