win7_m3_install_050.jpg

win7_m3_install_051.jpg

win7_m3_install_052.jpg

win7_m3_install_053.jpg

win7_m3_install_054.jpg

alexandgruntz

Reaction score
Wow.

The taskbar looks awesome. (Slightly off-topic: Does the calculator do imaginary numbers, i.e. square roots of negative numbers? Just curious. :))

As soon as the public beta is released I'm downloading it.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Windows 7 looks neat. If the reviews are good on it, I might move my Vista install onto another computer and put Windows 7 on my gaming computer.

Zangetsu

Reaction score
looks like friggen (center)

virusses
intruders
spywares
trojans
adware

i hope it doesnt act like friggin (center)

Last edited:

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
Looks like trash IMO (can't compare to custom themes for patched uxtheme.dll). If performance is as bad as Vista, there's no way I'm getting this either. Microsoft needs to stop releasing stuff on a yearly basis and put some effort. In fact, how about re-writing everything from ground up? Microsoft seems to keep building upon everything, resulting in more bloat.

I thought Win 7 was going to be an ideally optimized OS, but the more I read on tech sites the more it sounds like the current Vista trash the market is plagued with

Although a 15 second boot time is very nice, I have to see the actual functionality to be swayed.

Last edited:

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Looks like trash IMO (can't compare to custom themes for patched uxtheme.dll). If performance is as bad as Vista, there's no way I'm getting this either. Microsoft needs to stop releasing stuff on a yearly basis and put some effort. In fact, how about re-writing everything from ground up? Microsoft seems to keep building upon everything, resulting in more bloat.

I thought Win 7 was going to be an ideally optimized OS, but the more I read on tech sites the more it sounds like the current Vista trash the market is plagued with

Although a 15 second boot time is very nice, I have to see the actual functionality to be swayed.

Lol, you can tell all that by looking at a few screenshots?

adamlinux

Reaction score
I dunno, I think that its probably just windows Vista with a new name and fewer bugs, I really doubt they could just whip up an OS in like a year. But maybe they did, I just hope they get some competition, I don't want to be using Windows 20 years from now just because Mac and Linux can't run games...
(side note- Linux can't run games because they need things like drivers and direct x which cost money, and open source doesn't make any, but Mac has NO excuse..plus I heard that Mac is just BSD on crack...my 2 cents) :biggrin:

hcse26

Reaction score

Well since users like us are already getting access to hardware that are created to also run 64-bit, this should be optimized to 64-bit, Who knows... maybe Vista is the last 32-bit Windows...

I dunno, I think that its probably just windows Vista with a new name and fewer bugs, I really doubt they could just whip up an OS in like a year. But maybe they did, I just hope they get some competition, I don't want to be using Windows 20 years from now just because Mac and Linux can't run games...
(side note- Linux can't run games because they need things like drivers and direct x which cost money, and open source doesn't make any, but Mac has NO excuse..plus I heard that Mac is just BSD on crack...my 2 cents) :biggrin:

By that time, desktop computing would be obsolete imho and the trend would be cloud computing. I once read a KezNews article that there's already a software codenamed 'Midori' from M$ for use with Cloud Computing...

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
Looks like Microsoft run out of names, lol. It looks okay, but not promising. Does not pay to judgmental because that's just the installer!

They really should have worked on it a bit more, I guess they just want people to buy their upgrades for a collection of patches and some flashy themes.

steronius

Reaction score
i could be wrong but i understood server 2008 is not based off vista (but does have some similar qualities). this "7" looks just like 2008.

F

Fahad

Please state how you obtained Windows 7.
Using the BitTorrent leaks IS illegal.

compwhizii

Banned
Reaction score
Please state how you obtained Windows 7.
Using the BitTorrent leaks IS illegal.

I'm going to assume that he has a friend at microsoft. Let's all assume that.

Because if he didn't this thread would be against our rules.

alexandgruntz

Reaction score
Well since users like us are already getting access to hardware that are created to also run 64-bit, this should be optimized to 64-bit, Who knows... maybe Vista is the last 32-bit Windows...

7 will be released as a 32-bit version as well as 64-bit. :)