Christmas list

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
So Christmas (or whatever you celebrate) is coming up very soon. We're all looking forward to the usual socks and underwear gifts but what do you really want, gaming related of course?

My g/f is most likely going to be getting me a PS3 and/or a 120 gig hard drive for my 360.

My family pitched in and bought the rest of my monitor for gaming as well.

What have you asked for gaming wise?

compwhizii

Banned
Reaction score
I'm gonne be getting some new speakers for my computer, headphones too.

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
Hmmm. I'm pretty satisfied with my machine hardware wise, but I would like a 1 TB external so I could sell my 320 and 160 GB externals

Oh and I guess COD5 wouldn't be too bad despite its copy paste similarities to COD4

interwebpirate

Reaction score
i wouldn't mind getting my hands on mirrors edge for 360 + a new lcd high-def tv :)

that would be a crazy christmas of gaming on Live

Repneiras

Reaction score
My brother's asked for an Xbox 360, and I'm bugging him to get Halo 3 so I can frag some of my friends from school who keep talking about Halo 3. He's also going to get CoD4:MW, Prince of Persia (the fourth one, but it's just called Prince of Persia o_O) and one or two others.

I don't think I'll be getting anything PC wise, so I'll just be playing CS1.6 and Perfect World International.

-Repneiras ;)

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
All I'm asking for Christmas this year is...

1: Verizon FiOS (come on Verizon, go faster!)
2: More games for my PC
3: Monies!

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Just $ here. Can't rebuild this hunk of crap without $.

Stuff I can salvage:
3 hd's
1 dvd burner
1 NVidia 8800gt.
MAYBE the ram.
PSU & Case.

What I need to replace cause this pc sucks:
Motherboard (I have no onboard lan anymore, it burnt out)
CPU (Bailing on AMD, just not impressing me as much as I was promised it would)
RAM (Maybe, if it happens the new mobo can't take the same stick in the old one).

Actually when I put it like that it's not a particularly bad fix, still like $400 though >_<

Ah well, I can dig that. Least the rest of the system can match the 8800gt's power.

Edit: My estimate's bad, its $550 for the 3.0ghz quad core intel I want. Might just limp this beast through for a while :p

Last edited:

fempower

Reaction score
Verizon FIOS
new computer
GTA 4
Spore
Fallout 3
LEGO Batman
Rock Band
PS3
Wii

compwhizii

Banned
Reaction score
Ugh, I want Verizon FiOS too, but my town is still yet to approve their TV service. :(

Jackmini

Reaction score
Christmas List:
Motorstorm Pacific Rift (PS3)
Probs some accessories for my PS3 60GB
Guitar Hero 3 Songs (Download!)
Need Something esle though...

hcse26

Reaction score
If budget allows me, maybe I'll get these:

1. 500GB WD SATA HDD - really running out of storage
2. 8GB Memory Stick - for my M33'ed PSP (hehe)
3. Another 1GB stick of DDR2 - for Post-Production activites :D

I always wanted a laptop, but my parents won't give me one. But I'm sure to get one just before college which isn't very far from now :D

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Ugh, I want Verizon FiOS too, but my town is still yet to approve their TV service. :(

FiOS is great haha we are ordering there TV service in the next week or two, currently have phone or internet FiOS though.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
My town itself hasn't been asked about FiOS TV yet since Verizon is still finishing up with the rest of my area. The rest of my area though has gotten the agreements situated with Verizon so I've already got a relative who has FiOS TV and FiOS Internet and it is quite nice. I'm at the edge of my town and at the edge of Verizon service until it heads over to Frontier Communications and another town (Frontier blocked FiOS from coming into their turf). But yeah, I'm expecting FiOS to be here soon. For now, the trusty DSL should satisfy me.