[5000 points!]Help with cellphone connection to PC.

Fedlerner

Former Adm & Team Manager
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I'm having lots of problems to connect my cellphone to my computer with the USB cable.
I've installed the drivers, the software to transfer files, but still can't make it work. I had googled a lot and downloaded many drivers, etc.. But can't find something that helps me. If someone finds the way to make it work for me, you'll get 5000 points!. You can take the information from whatever place you want, I just want to have it working!.

I have Windows XP SP3, and my cellhpone is a: Motorola i290 (iDEN Series, from Nextel - Argentina).

Thanks and I hope someone can help me with this problem I've been having for monthes!

Last edited by a moderator:

nanoman

Reaction score
I don't know if this could help, but anyway: I had problems connecting my phone to PC also, but then I read in the internet that I should uninstall any drivers and stuff related to my phone and then reboot the computer, then download a bit older drivers and other stuff for the phone and then install it and again reboot and then I connected my phone and everything was working fine.

REBEL21

Reaction score
I have a the same phone and had the same problem! (werid) You can fix this by using motorola phone tools, after installing it you can use live update to find the proper drivers for your phone and pc, if you would like more details and were to download the MOTOROLA PHONETOOLS software PM or email me!!

Hope this helps,
Regards,
Jamie

Fedlerner

Former Adm & Team Manager
Community Support
Reaction score
I've tried all but still can't make it work.
When I plug my phone to the computer I get the "New Hardware Found: Motorola iDEN USB Modem" box, and then I get the box saying that the hardware couldn't be installed and it won't work.

neteater

Reaction score
ur problem is your window the files of your window are corrupted update or reinstall it very simple

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I've tried all but still can't make it work.
When I plug my phone to the computer I get the "New Hardware Found: Motorola iDEN USB Modem" box, and then I get the box saying that the hardware couldn't be installed and it won't work.

You get the found new hardware message from your computer, well then you get the message that says it can't be installed...

you have gotten a CD with your phone, that is what you should use to install it, when that message comes up, insert your cd and click install from disc...it should find it, and install it. (Note I think that is only to install the normal software to do whatever with your phone not to get an internet connection). Most phone discs don't have that enabled on the disc and thus have to find another source to get the connection.

....looking something up right now for your problem, I will edit this post when I get something.

okay this is what I got so far......some phones can't give a computer internet connection, with a usb cable, if the phone itself does not have paid internet....you do have internet on your phone right?

I am looking up more things on your problem.

Okay the link is this....it tells you, what you need, this is the only site you will need to help you. Tell me if you need help with the steps.

Last edited: