Should x10 close?

Should x10 Close?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
It shouldn't close.

As long as they keep within what they can afford and don't try to add more than they can afford then we'll be alright.

Although, with this type of free host - it's the forum users which will keep it open and running.

Keep posting, keep advertising, keep HOSTING! :naughty:

Jordan C

Reaction score
Coldfirezz knows how to capture the interest of the site, like the 'Why x10 sucks' thread.

:)

Coldfirezz

Reaction score
Coldfirezz knows how to capture the interest of the site, like the 'Why x10 sucks' thread.

:)

Its what Im good at. It makes people active on the forums. Lol. Keep having fun everyone or else.......

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Its what Im good at. It makes people active on the forums. Lol. Keep having fun everyone or else.......

Lol. I seem to notice that whenever large arguments and flame wars start up on forums that everyone for some reason starts to come. It happens all the time, even if no one told anyone about it. Does anyone think that's a coincidence?

istore_admin

Reaction score
Just to say that who ever voted that x10 should close is an idiot and should actually go and find another hosting company if they were being serious because they wont find anyone who offers free hosting that is as good as x10. I have been with many hosting companies over that past two and a half years and this is the first hosting company that i have stayed with for more than two months. This is because up until the upgrades my site has never gone down except for when i have been suspended which is there to controll abuse as anoying as it may be and the service has been brilliant. X10 also has more features than most free hosts even some paid hosting companies!!!

Coldfirezz

Reaction score
Just to say that who ever voted that x10 should close is an idiot and should actually go and find another hosting company if they were being serious because they wont find anyone who offers free hosting that is as good as x10. I have been with many hosting companies over that past two and a half years and this is the first hosting company that i have stayed with for more than two months. This is because up until the upgrades my site has never gone down except for when i have been suspended which is there to controll abuse as anoying as it may be and the service has been brilliant. X10 also has more features than most free hosts even some paid hosting companies!!!

Agreed! Whoever voted Yes should go somewhere else, that is if they were serious. And I haven't been with any other hosts than x10 and from what I see they will be the only one I use.

Killjoy116

Reaction score
No way, they are literally the best free hosting service out there.. I know I have tried so many different ones..

Coldfirezz

Reaction score
For those who want to know the people who voted yes were: noerrorsfound, Starshine. What is wrong with x10 people?

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Hey, One of you, I can't remember who, asked for someone to showthem a free or even a paid host that offers them unlimited space/bandwith. Well, I currently host the main portion of my site on such a host. I just use x10 for some of my .php code that this other host does not allow eg. mail(). The only downside of this host is that it is $25 a month. But, for unlimited bandwith and disk space, as well as, what I deem, a greater forum/support center than this site, I find it well worth it as my site isn't small.
So, for those of you who are wondering, I voted No, x10 should not close, I need it to run my .php script.

ShadowmasterX

Reaction score
Yes... we should close this place down for no reason....
(sarcasm doesnt transfer well in writing)

well anyway....
why close a free place where people can have fun and explore the web.... i know that no one wants to close this place down.... (except for 2 that should get banned =D)

Coldfirezz

Reaction score
Yes... we should close this place down for no reason....
(sarcasm doesnt transfer well in writing)

well anyway....
why close a free place where people can have fun and explore the web.... i know that no one wants to close this place down.... (except for 2 that should get banned =D)

I think we send a news letter out to humiliate them, then ban them. That would be fun. lol. Jk

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Pack 'em up and close 'r down. (I am kidding, of course.)

Last edited:

riceboys

Reaction score
It shouldn't close.

The support and free hosting service is awesome!

keep it up x10! :naughty:

Kar-Vastor

Reaction score
If I had to choose, I would say yes. Now i'm not just saying this because of the poor support I have been given after only a few minutes of being registered, but I did say "If I had to choose"

Honestly, I registered, TWICE, because it took too long and I kept getting pop-ups, then it finally went to an error page and every time i went back to the registration page, it wouldn't let me click the accept button or whatever.

Second, I finally get through all of that and there's apparently a queue of over 1,000 minutes, not only that but it said that I would recieve an e-mail when i'm through the queue. Now I can tell you that I've been through many wiki sites and web hosts in the last few days looking for a good home for my clan, MANY of which STILL haven't sent me the activation e-mails. So what makes you think I am going to wait over even two hours to register?

Now i'm sorry if I sound like a whiney old fart, but if things don't add up someone's got to speak up.

One last thing though, I just posted my Introduction topic because I wasn't going to be another person who uses the hosting, only for the hosting and never visits the forums, anyway so I post the topic which i'm sure you've already seen, and I asked a question about the queue, saying if there's any way it could be sped up or if I could check up on it ever so often, then I get a reply finally, not only that but it IS Coldfirezz who is an admin I believe, and to sum it up he said "welcome to x10hosting, if you have any questions, please ask them''

All I could say was Dude...seriously?

Anyway sorry again if you think i'm a whiney old fart, but when you say 24/7 chat support, and it's as poor as i've seen, there's bound to be problems...

Anirban1987

Reaction score
Look, x10hosting's service can not be upto the mark of paid hosting. But what it is giving as a free hosting is more than we expect. And thats too adfree . Where in the world you will get CPanel Fantastico etc with free hosting ? I have even seen paid hosting service which charges extra for those service. Thumbs up to X10hosting. Long live x10hosting :)

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
If I had to choose, I would say yes. Now i'm not just saying this because of the poor support I have been given after only a few minutes of being registered, but I did say "If I had to choose"

Honestly, I registered, TWICE, because it took too long and I kept getting pop-ups, then it finally went to an error page and every time i went back to the registration page, it wouldn't let me click the accept button or whatever.

Second, I finally get through all of that and there's apparently a queue of over 1,000 minutes, not only that but it said that I would recieve an e-mail when i'm through the queue. Now I can tell you that I've been through many wiki sites and web hosts in the last few days looking for a good home for my clan, MANY of which STILL haven't sent me the activation e-mails. So what makes you think I am going to wait over even two hours to register?

Now i'm sorry if I sound like a whiney old fart, but if things don't add up someone's got to speak up.

One last thing though, I just posted my Introduction topic because I wasn't going to be another person who uses the hosting, only for the hosting and never visits the forums, anyway so I post the topic which i'm sure you've already seen, and I asked a question about the queue, saying if there's any way it could be sped up or if I could check up on it ever so often, then I get a reply finally, not only that but it IS Coldfirezz who is an admin I believe, and to sum it up he said "welcome to x10hosting, if you have any questions, please ask them''

All I could say was Dude...seriously?

Anyway sorry again if you think i'm a whiney old fart, but when you say 24/7 chat support, and it's as poor as i've seen, there's bound to be problems...

If you even BOTHERED to read the news. You would know that the servers are having some issues. You would also know that the new site is going to be released soon, and the signup issues would be fixed.

If you have a problem with the FREE support for FREE hosting, BUY PAID HOSTING!

By the way, Coldfirezz ISN'T an administrator.

Last edited:

Coldfirezz

Reaction score
If you even BOTHERED to read the news. You would know that the servers are having some issues. You would also know that the new site is going to be released soon, and the signup issues would be fixed.

If you have a problem with the FREE support for FREE hosting, BUY PAID HOSTING!

By the way, Coldfirezz ISN'T an administrator.
I wish I were. And People really need to READ things. Isn't that why we have eyes?

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Thats what I think. I guess everyone else doesn't get it. :p

dest581

Reaction score
It's good to see everyone so willing to jump down Kar-Vastor's throat.

If somebody asks a question, you tell them the answer. You don't chastise them, you don't say "If you even BOTHERED to read the news," you don't go on a tangent about how free hosting isn't paid hosting. You give them the answer in a friendly, easy to understand response.

In order:
Anirban1987: Your response indicates that you spent very little time hunting for hosts before arriving here. Now, x10 is a great host, I won't deny that. But saying that cPanel/Fantastico is hard to find? That's just wrong.

leafypiggy: You clearly don't like the community growing, as your post only alienates the new member. Your arrogant response doesn't even answer the question that Kar-Vastor asked.

Coldfirezz: Out of the three to attack Kar-Vastor, you're the most innocent. You're just tagging along with leafypiggy's insulting comments; your response also indicates that you didn't read Kar-Vastor's question, but that's more acceptable as you're not quoting him/her.

In conclusion, this forum needs to really reduce its hostility to new members. When I joined, over two years ago now, this forum was a cheerful place. Sure, people would still point to the news topics and suggest people read them, but nobody attacked others like this. Communities survive by gaining new members. Don't lash out at the new types, or this community will slowly wither.

Now, do I think x10 should close? No. It has had its ups and downs, but has remained a fixed, safe host. I expect the new updates to continue this trend of excellent service.

Status
Not open for further replies.