Read the first post of this thread, then choose from the following:

• Total voters

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
What sort of life would you rather lead:

( a ) a 'safe' life, where you have more of a chance of getting really old; or,
( b ) a shorter life doing something dangerous that's really REALLY fun, like... stunts on a turbocharged superbike, with the probability of having an accident and dying sooner...

The idea for this poll came from my post in the following thread, (and the thread in general), http://forums.x10hosting.com/off-topic/85447-death-clock.html#post506848

Last edited:

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Well, I have no idea...

Because I am not doing those things like "turbocharged superbike", but I do sit in front of the computer all day.

And that isn't really good for the health I assume.

Maybe an option c for that?

Repneiras

Reaction score
I'd prefer the longer, healthier life, but as vigge_sWe stated, sitting in front of a computer isn't all that healthy.

-Repneiras

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
Option B definitely, I can't live in front of a computer. But maybe not 'as' dangerous as being a stuntman. The value of life is it's quality, not it's length.

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
The Turbocharged Super bike does sound awesome, though I'd prefer the much longer life honestly.

kkenny

Reaction score
Is there an option midway?
I'm not a dare devil, but I don't like sitting in front of the computer all day.

onyxmoron

Reaction score
If the question is would I rather live a long life than die because of a hobby, I would pick option A. :fruit: Because I'd rather not murder myself. ;)

fempower

Reaction score
A because there's more chance to do meaningful things and have fun along the way too. Stunts don't sound too fun to me.

joeychua

Reaction score
I think you should include eating/drinking stuff or vices that can shorter your life span. e.g. fast food, beer, cigarettes...

alcramer

Reaction score
I vote for choice C: a meaningful life. God knows what that is -- everybody will have a idea of what that is -- but that's cool with me; I just want a life that's meaningful to me.

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I'd pick A any time. What good would option B do me? A longer life is better cause I can acomplish more in it. Also, picking option A doesn't mean living your life infront of a computer screen. You can live a nice long safe life and still do fun things other than sitting in front of the computer screen all day!

mix999

Reaction score
Personally i would choose one in between because then i can have fun but a but safer and still dangerous :p

kkenny

Reaction score
I'd pick A any time. What good would option B do me? A longer life is better cause I can acomplish more in it. Also, picking option A doesn't mean living your life infront of a computer screen. You can live a nice long safe life and still do fun things other than sitting in front of the computer screen all day!

But think of most of us, we are a bunch of computer webmaster addicts. Of course that would be our job (most likely that is)!
:)

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
i would most likely go for option B, because i'm looking into law enforcement as a career so that will mean putting my life on the line in some cases;

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Well, I have no idea...

Because I am not doing those things like "turbocharged superbike", but I do sit in front of the computer all day.

And that isn't really good for the health I assume.

Maybe an option c for that?

option a, being safe...is what I choose, but the turbocharged superbike, no thankyou.....if it was something less extreme, (sky diving, rock climbing)..I would choose it.

Like vigge_sWe said...an option c would have been great...(already voted a though.