Whats your life goal?

naerey

Reaction score
Simple question,

What is your life's goal?

The one you work for everyday, the one you live for..

Possibly also write how old you are and why you choose that as an answer. Both quick and long answers are welcome!

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I can't look into the future, I don't know what will happen in my lifetime, so I can't set a goal, other wise, It'll be sure to be changed at least 100 times before I can get close to accomplishing it. I just take life as it comes, and don't try to fight it as I'll get nowhere. Making goals is fighting life, I'm gonna get nowhere that way.
Don't agree with my thinking? I'm only 15 so you don't have to put to much weight into what I said. lol

warlordste

Reaction score
my life goal is to have a good job with computers have a great wife and then have to children and someday own a successful company :) it might not happen it might i don't know

tittat

Reaction score
To be honest i have no Goal.... I dont know why, but i still love life for no/some reason.I love the suspense,thrill,Adventurous of my life.I am man with no GOAL.But some force lead me to the Goal..... Confused??? Ahhh leave it.....i am crazy...

swirly

Reaction score
To learn as much as I can. Not to be the smartest person ever, but to know more than anyone. I like being able to give answers and just plain know things. I'm 18.

PhantomChick

Reaction score
Within the next year I hope to make a short professional-looking 3D animation to post on YouTube, and maybe even hire a professional voice actor to voice it. I work in the real estate field, so that's why I think my goal is something so unique to my work.

After that, once I have more free time, I'd like to learn to play piano (I'd like to play Hungarian Rhapsody #2 well) and learn how to fence... the sword fighting kind of fencing, not the chain-link kind of fencing! :)

Nice question Naerey! What's yours?

withambition

Reaction score
My goal is to start a family and run my own business. Given a few years, one of those may be possible. I basically want to be happy with my life, even if I'm not successful.

naerey

Reaction score
I can't look into the future, I don't know what will happen in my lifetime, so I can't set a goal, other wise, It'll be sure to be changed at least 100 times before I can get close to accomplishing it. I just take life as it comes, and don't try to fight it as I'll get nowhere. Making goals is fighting life, I'm gonna get nowhere that way.
Don't agree with my thinking? I'm only 15 so you don't have to put to much weight into what I said. lol

But don't you aim for something? But I guess you're young to actually have a goal ^^

Within the next year I hope to make a short professional-looking 3D animation to post on YouTube, and maybe even hire a professional voice actor to voice it. I work in the real estate field, so that's why I think my goal is something so unique to my work.

After that, once I have more free time, I'd like to learn to play piano (I'd like to play Hungarian Rhapsody #2 well) and learn how to fence... the sword fighting kind of fencing, not the chain-link kind of fencing! :)

Nice question Naerey! What's yours?

Nice goals, I used to want to do some of them too (piano, tried and failed :S.. 3D with blender, but it doesn't work on my mac ¬.¬)
What's my life goal?
I have no idea.

I could only define the basic lines: a good life, which would be made of a good work, friends and wife I guess... but nothing more than that. I'm 17 and have even no idea for what specialization to go for! (college/university)... :|

hamsn

Reaction score
To achieve as much knowledge I can and make the best use of it to help the needy and poor.

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
My lifes goal....to achieve a state of freedom...

freedom from oppression, (doing what others tell you to)
freedom from financial risks
freedom to travel the world when I choose and what I do when I travel
freedom to ride a skyline on my own road
freedom to be with whomever I choose
freedom to do what I wish with whomever I choose
freedom to eat, what I want, look the way I want, speak the way I want to speak, look or view something the way I want to view it.

My life's goal is to be free, have freedom, be as free as one can possibly be these days.

Freedom to express any feeling without the thoughts of what one would say against it.
Freedom from taxes, and tariffs...freedom to not lose money on what I do nothing with.

My goal is to be as free as one can be...
Freedom to speak to whom I want,
Freedom to dance the way I want,
Freedom to do these things without having a consequence.

Freedom to travel without a border or guard telling you turn around, freedom to give those who want help, help..no matter what it may be, as long as freedom is not being taken from someone else. The freedom to choose when you die, the freedom to choose your weight.

Will this state of "freedom" ever come true?...some of those are already being done by myself, some of them others are doing, but I am not...and this I know, not going to have this real, "Full State Of Freedom", from problems such as oppression or confession.

I want to do what I want to do, without anyone telling me, or making me think I can't, or trying to hold me down from doing it.

------
Not sure if this is what this thread is about...or if I got carried away (I think I did) but...that is what I want... A Total State Of Freedom.

vperlin

Reaction score
My life goal(s)...

-Live respectfully well(not in debt, own house, car, etc)
-Own a Nissan Skyline (dont care which one, but I would love the R34 or Godzilla)
-Start and play in a band that lasts longer then a few months
-Meet and Jam with the Members of Meshuggah :p

ShadowmasterX

Reaction score
My Life Goals:

Get a good education
Help humanity in anyway
Spread the knowledge of the world
Help in the part of making the world a better place
Get a family
and lastly...
not really a goal, but

I hope to see a world where everything is equal, no one is scared, everyone is truthful and loyal.

A world where you can sleep with your doors open, a world where money is not important.

A world of peace and serenity, a world of true humanity values.

Too bad One person cant do that..
Hopefully, that will happen one day.. ...

wonderbread1908

Reaction score
Wow, ichwar.
Your take on life is brilliant. You say you're only 15 so your opinion might not have much weight to it, but I think quite the opposite!

I really think you hit on something when you said that having a goal for life is to fight life. It got me thinking, and I realized that goals really do just set people up for disappointment. During our whole lives we are taught how we SHOULD live life, what we SHOULD be doing, how our lives SHOULD turn out, and we are brainwashed with all these expectations. We should get married, we should have a nice job, we shouldn't be homosexual (note, I am not gay, but I think that the way society looks at homosexuality as abnormal is one of the faults of society), we should live in a nice house, etc. And if we go against any one of these, we are considered different, and in people's minds and our minds we feel as if we have failed in some way by not living life the way it should be lived.

I think that's what you mean when you speak of goals, right ichwar? I think that goals that involve learning, like "learning a new language", "learning how to play piano", etc, are very valid and useful to have in order to progress yourself as a person. However, the goals that are expected to be completed, the ones which correspond to fitting into a societal norm, are unnecessary only set one up for failure.

I could keep rambling on about this for a while, but I'll stop here.
Again, I really appreciated your comment ichwar, because it got me thinking.

Oh, and I'm 21.

whitebus

Reaction score
i would just like to be able to retire to my own little private island watching bikini clad girls playing beach volleyball as i relax in my recliner under an umbrella with my personal bartender carlos asking me in english, but with a distinguished spanish accent, "Another pina colada, sir?"