300-500 credits an avatar....

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
You don't really see this as much, but I wanted a unique avatar that no one else out there has had.....

So I am giving 300 credits or up to 500 to the person who can make me an avatar.

It has to have one of the the words listed below on it....

Admin
Administrator

Something abstract maybe, colors red to yellow or orange...something similar to the banner JFKForum made (not sure on exact name ..sorry).

Well, thankyou in advance.

Last edited:

reichiru

Reaction score
Could you perhaps give an example of the type of avatar you want? I'm willing to make one for you, if you would wait a little bit. My parents are using the other computer with my Photoshop on it at the moment, I have to wait until they go off and watch football or something before I can use it.

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I just want the words admin on it, with some type of, script handwriting font and a background with maybe some arrows fading.....similar to the arrows
at this link on the forum...and similar to the font of that banner too...the more it resembles that banner the more i'll probably like it...though color can be changed on the avatar itself.

http://forums.x10hosting.com/marketplace/93671-2000-credits-banner.html

ShadowmasterX

Reaction score
thanks for the credits...

but ill probably get pwned by JFK again... although i might try

reichiru

Reaction score
o.o ohh so that's what you meant. haha, I haven't done anything like that in a while but when I've got time I'll try.

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
thanks for the credits...

but ill probably get pwned by JFK again... although i might try

not sure if he is going to try this...but it does not matter who makes it, as long as I like it, I will send over credits for it.

Your welcome for the credits for trying. : )

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
o.o ohh so that's what you meant. haha, I haven't done anything like that in a while but when I've got time I'll try.

When you get a chance....feel free to try.

I wish I knew how to make my own banners and such but I don't even how a clue what program/s to use.
Edit:
uhh... ok, but abstract? thats it?

nothing like a pic we can do?

just abstract...no need for a picture....just the word Admin or Administrator on it in the middle....you know what the banner looks like that forumJKV did...try to do something similar to that...if you like.

I really don't have any idea on how I want it to look and just know I want it to say admin or administrator on it.

Edit:...shadowmaster x...I clicked on the link in your banner not sure if it is your site...tried to register so I could see what the game offers...but there is a Mysql error.

Last edited:

ShadowmasterX

Reaction score
uhh.. i have something that is abstract, but i can change the color so... ima post it soon

ShadowmasterX

Reaction score
ok i can change the color if you want

took me 5 mins =D

well kinda...

Attachments

• asdfasdfasdfasdfsadfasdf.jpg
    asdfasdfasdfasdfsadfasdf.jpg
    262 KB · Views: 28

reichiru

Reaction score
Oh yeah by the way, do you have a particular size you want, or anything?

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I don't know about the fire in the background...if it was a forum avatar...the word in the middle would not be easily seen. I like the background of the circle in the middle though.
Edit:
Oh yeah by the way, do you have a particular size you want, or anything?

not sure what the size is on many other forums, but if it is not too big for the forums here. that size it good.

Last edited:

xPlozion

Reaction score
hey, how do you like this? i tried to keep with jxcforums's design, but i don't have the brushes like he has (and i need to go through and clean out the ones i dont' need), nor the experience.

i can make it smaller, i just figured play it safe since it can be resized to a smaller image, but it won't look good stretched (enlarged).

Attachments

• x10-john_klyne-avatar1.png
    x10-john_klyne-avatar1.png
    26.4 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
hey, how do you like this? i tried to keep with jxcforums's design, but i don't have the brushes like he has (and i need to go through and clean out the ones i dont' need), nor the experience.

i can make it smaller, i just figured play it safe since it can be resized to a smaller image, but it won't look good stretched (enlarged).

I like it, if it was only possible to make the arrow in the background darker, along with the small squares on the bottom right..... maybe centering the word Admin or bringing it a bit lower....that would be yet another winner for my recent requests for my forums.

Shadowmaster X, color is not that much of an issue just want the Icon to have something fading like the circle you made, with Admin in the middle....I am not sure what abstract really means...(i use it a lot, not knowing what it is)...maybe the word is contemporary or...I am not even sure.

But if you choose darker colors, combo of red/black/some silver or gold....

or

red/yellow/gold/grayish something shiny...or similar to the xPlozians avatar... (sorry on spelling).

xPlozion

Reaction score
so you want it more opaque (non-transparent)?
will do and will put it up.

and btw, i found out what brush set he was using for his arrows on the bottom left :p

the first one is what you requested, and the second one is a couple of changes i made that i think looks good.
also, i prefer png's because they don't compress the image and leave artifacts like jpeg's do ;)

Attachments

• x10-john_klyne-avatar1.0.1.png
    x10-john_klyne-avatar1.0.1.png
    26.8 KB · Views: 17
  • x10-john_klyne-avatar1.1.png
    x10-john_klyne-avatar1.1.png
    32.3 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

xPlozion

Reaction score
ohhh.. you meant more contemporaneity... oh ok

well i still got pwned =LP
it's ok... i just started using photoshop again, and i'm not that good either. it's actually kinda hard for me to come up with something that looks good. i used to be able to do decent work before i stopped using photoshop a while ago, but then i didn't use it for a few years, and i've gotta relearn it all over...

couple of things i've learned though.. using filters to make background layers is a no go. use various gradients and brushes ;)

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
so you want it more opaque (non-transparent)?
will do and will put it up.

and btw, i found out what brush set he was using for his arrows on the bottom left :p

the first one is what you requested, and the second one is a couple of changes i made that i think looks good.
also, i prefer png's because they don't compress the image and leave artifacts like jpeg's do ;)

png's would still be used as avatars though right?...not sure on this stuff.

I like the 2nd one you made. if I get a yes as the answer to that last question, I'll sent over 450 credits. If that's okay with you. : )
Edit:
I am guessing yes....

sent over the credits and also gave rep. : )

Last edited:

xPlozion

Reaction score
yes, png's are fine for avatars. png's are like jpegs and gifs, but jpegs and gifs don't handle as well.

jpegs leave artifacts and are not good for small images where gifs and png's dont.
Gif's don't support alpha transparency and don't have the color range that either jpegs or png's do.
pngs handle small images for compression and color ranges the best, but the file sizes are slightly larger... (which i would rather take over a bad looking image.)

and if you've got photoshop and want the psd, it's available so you can make other names w/ it: mod, staff, etc...; as well as the font that i used :)

Last edited: