FLV support

raviraj1

Reaction score
can i use x10hosting for online video classes. that is video streaming mostly FLV videos.

deaddevil

Reaction score
It will consume a lot of your bandwidth, maybe a mod can comment on it.

ghotel

Reaction score
Probly not this will suck your bandwidth out faster than a hoover pipe.

xPlozion

Reaction score
afaik, yes, you can use it. depending on the size and how often it is accessed though, it may drain your bandwidth.

If and when it becomes big, you may want to think about paid hosting for more resources ;)

max2017

Reaction score
I agree, it consume a lot of bandwith and you shoul think if it you realy need it! however if you are laning to use it, upgrade your account to pay service :)

blobtech

Prime Account
Reaction score
I would recommend uploading videos to a online service like vimeo and marking them password protected.
Then have your x10hosting site link to the video with the password given.
For streaming direct video from a webcam or camera you could also use uStream.tv.

As others said: video streaming uses a huge amount of bandwidth, and videos mostly aren't that small in file size either.

Last edited:

dbojan

Reaction score
I agree to blobtech. Don't do that on here, it's probably legal to do that but it will suck your bandwidth. Use some online services and than embed the code in your site.

cuillini

Reaction score
technically you can, however, as others have mentioned you will eat through your bandwidth. the best option would be host just the link to you video