World of Warcraft

interwebpirate

Reaction score
Didn't see a post about this in the subforum (although i didnt look very hard lol)

anyone playing the newest expansion?

I have a lvl 71 enhancement shaman on Burning Legion (horde of course!)

withambition

Reaction score
I've never tried World of Warcraft, mostly because I don't want to pay the monthly fee. I still love Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne though. Unfortunately, more users are making the switch to WOW, so the games in TFT are beginning to get slow. =/

But I'm interested in people's opinions on WOW.

hamsn

Reaction score
Is there any new version?
What I have is a 2005 game, pretty old and 2d like graphics

interwebpirate

Reaction score
its quite a fun game even though leveling gets a bit long, and if you don't want to pay to pay the monthly fee you can always play on private servers!

warlordste

Reaction score
i couldn't get into WOW i signed up once and had a month playing on it and got bored it was to repetitive game for me and i didn't want to pay a monthly bill to carry on doing the same thing

swirly

Reaction score
They are offering a thing where if you sign up under a friends trial link, you can link accounts and get 3x the experience. I have characters on many servers. I play mainly on Storm Scale but have characters on Cenarion Circle too.

olliepop

Reaction score
Aren't they RP servers? I play Frostmane and Blackrock. PVP ftw.

ShadowmasterX

Reaction score
Well, I prefer not to play WoW because I could find a Free game that is somewhat close to it. I really dont like WoW because they caused addiction, and they dont really care about those who they hurt...

Like that one guy who fainted because he didnt eat for 24 hours, on a "raid" or something

swirly

Reaction score
Those people are stupid. Who would and what raid could possibly go on for 24 hours? Order a stinkin pizza!

intertec

Reaction score
That is what I was thinking. A 24hr raid. That is just impossible!

warlordste

Reaction score
well some peps just don't know when to just say a game is just a game and go and grab some food and join the real world for abit

tridge

Reaction score
I just don't have the free time to enable myself to play at the level I would want. I can play Guild Wars though because I can get on whenever I want and play for as long as I want to reach my goals. In WoW I would have to be places at a specific IRL time and that is just unobtainable (raiding and such). Another thing though is that I tried the 14 day free trial, got to level 8 and got very bored of the game, very fast. I also feel the graphics are "cheesy" and "unrealistic" looking, at least in most (90%) games they try to make the scenery and characters "realistic" even if it is a fictional character. I can't stand the "cartoon" style of art they use. Hence why I like Guild Wars much better also, I can stare at my screen for hours because of the detail and realistic look.

Last edited:

malcomhfc1875

Reaction score
Dont play wow anymore got bored thought expansopm was crap. ( was in beta)

lvl 70 warrior fury pre 3.01 arms after patch
lvl 70 shammy enhance
lvl 70 druid feral

deaddevil

Reaction score
I used to hate strategy games, but after warcraft started enjoying them, but now bored of warcraft and am playing DOTA now, Its a very good game for the lan.
I have not tried the latest expansion but will get it soon.

Parsa44

Reaction score
I never really liked world of warcraft and i dont think i ever will.