Why do I have to pay for co.cc

intertec

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Title says it all. When I login at co.cc to register a new domain It says I have to pay $15. What happened to co.cc being free.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello everyone. Title says it all. When I login at co.cc to register a new domain It says I have to pay $15. What happened to co.cc being free.

I just checked a random domain (yibyabgaming.co.cc) and it said free for me. I don't know why it wanted you to pay though.

ShadowmasterX

Reaction score
oh yea, they asked me to pay too... i think all those which have .com you have to pay for... iono, its pretty stupid!

deaddevil

Reaction score
co.cc is a free domain, they don't charge for it....donno why they would ask money from you.

tittat

Reaction score
There is no charge for registering co.cc domian, its completely free.
But if you trying to register a vip domain they may charge you.
Domains like sports.co.cc and google.co.cc are vip domain, which means you are required to pay them.

Max1337

Reaction score
That's wierd... last time I checked, they were free.
Don't get why they'd charge you for it.

zer0ne1337

Reaction score
i had the same experience when I tried some dictionary words, though i do not remember now which words i used but they said that i have to pay. I think they are only giving free .co.cc domains for the weird kind of names or long names only. like i had to settle, which is having number in them after lot of trying. i am having m3elite.co.cc and m3tech.co.cc

intertec

Reaction score
Thanks for the confirmation everyone. They are charging for dictionary words. I'll rather use the $15 from a co.cc domain on a .com domain. Thanks again!