Users stealing credits..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russ

<b>Retired *****</b>
Reaction score
To the users who make fake accounts, and donate the credits to a main acccount, Just to let you know.. We've been watching. ;) Here is the first round of people caught, there will be more in the coming days, as I look more into it:

Danfelbm
sourabh2cool
Dudey
cstamper
brandenmedia
roctronic
jedimaster
oceansme
DarkSideGuy[]
anubhavjais7
cooljais
evansmaster
lllF0Xlll
darien7
Tox!c
maliq11101

Now, what happens to them? First off, they lost all credits, and since I was feeling good, I gave them -100,000 credits. From now on, any more I find may be banned as well, because this is theft. And, I will find you. ;) So, if you've ever done this, I suggest you send me a PM. I will just remove the credits stolen, and you'll be ok. If I find you, your account will be gone. If you PM me, I won't make it public you've been doing it. People who do this is frowned on by everyone else, because alot of people use this for a way to sell products and services, and if you're cheating, then its hurting everyone.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Every transaction is tracked, there is really no way around this. If you do it you're going to get caught. As Russ said, if you know you have done something against the rules to gain credits please PM him. You will only lose those credits.

The people that do not come forward will have their forum and hosting accounts removed. You are not only trying to defraud x10 you are defrauding other people who work very hard to gain credits.

-Corey

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Sounds like the same incident that happened a few months ago. People are seeming more and more cheap these days.

zen-r

Reaction score
I love a good Name-&-Shame! These guys deserve everything they get.

I prefer to earn my credits - it's not as if they're worth a vast amount anyway, so at least it's nice to have the satisfaction of knowing I came by them respectably.

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if there are a lot more fraudsters hiding in our forums. The scam always seemed too obvious. If new members start off with an automatic credit deposit in their account, isn't it time you stopped this practice & start them off at zero? I'd have thought this action would remove the temptation for people to try this scam in future.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
If new members start off with an automatic credit deposit in their account, isn't it time you stopped this practice & start them off at zero? I'd have thought this action would remove the temptation for people to try this scam in future.

That has been talked about in the forums before, and earlier today on the IRC as well. I guess it's there to make people feel good and welcomed to the community.

Russ

<b>Retired *****</b>
Reaction score
Latest additions:

Feldan
hurameshe
guruhiremath
shadowdragon
riceboys
khaledphp
Kyle007
Afterburn & OscarX Same person
Max1337

All users above since they did not tell me in PM, after being given advanced notice were removed from the members group and placed in Unregistered. The last user, Max1337 was a current x10 Moderator, All credits were taken, as well as rights to earn or spend credits, and user was removed from staff.

There will be more, if you've ever done it let me know.. If I find it, you'll be on here too. It's a long list, and I am going back over a year.

zen-r

Reaction score
Well whatever... Nothing worth getting worked up about...
Meh, this is just the internet hahahaha

-100,000 credits now, eh?

Why don't you put your cap on the ground? I might toss one credit into it for you. ;)

Max1337

Reaction score
-100,000 credits now, eh?

Why don't you put your cap on the ground? I might toss one credit into it for you. ;)

I honestly could care less about credits :lol:
I HAVE my own website, registered and all... So why spend it on something I already have?

Kansy

Community Advocate
Community Support
Prime Account
Reaction score
I honestly could care less about credits :lol:
I HAVE my own website, registered and all... So why spend it on something I already have?

I don't want my comment to sound like threatening but....

You have been lucky that you haven't been removed from Registered Members, so If i were you I'll just be honest and keep some comments inside.

dquigley

Reaction score
WOOOW Wicked burns. Someone grab the Aloe Vera this thread is made of win and pwn.

Honestly though, if you were to want member opinions, I'd say be gentle with these people, they made a mistake, but I think they wont be doing it again, so deleting any accounts might be a bit harsh and hurt x10 itself. That's my 2 cents, however I support everything the staff here does, its thanks to them this place kicks so much butt.

Anyways my condolences to the people who screwed up, next time you think about taking advantage of a system hopefully you learned your lesson.

*EDIT*

Btw also wanted to congratulate Russ and anyone else who helped in the discovery of this little problem, this just goes to show you that the mods and admins are pretty smart!

I also just noticed you put a tag on this thread......Bacon... Lol

Your goofy!

Last edited:

xPlozion

Reaction score
max, shadowdragon, i'm disappointed in both of you (although shadow's banned i think)...

and yet another moderator bites the dust :eek:

dquigley

Reaction score
max, shadowdragon, i'm disappointed in both of you (although shadow's banned i think)...

and yet another moderator bites the dust :eek:

oh I know, lately all the mods are gone or have been banned.
Edit:
Hahaha I DIDNT KNOW YOU COULD ADD YOUR OWN TAGS! Cool, I wonder who added the dquigleyistheman tag 0____0

Last edited:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
I am just a softie I guess? : p

Not to say you're wrong, but I don't count this as Credit Theft. I consider it cash theft from x10.

And this is why. Credits can be used in the x10 rewards center for emails, domains, and cash payouts. With the exception of the emails, each one of those costs x10 money to pay out on.

Stealing credits is like stealing the $5 paypal payout from the rewards center, thus draining x10 of cash that could be used to keep the servers stable.

So my opinion? Anyone not getting banned from all of x10's services who is or has stolen credits is getting off light.

I'm a bit of an extremist though.

Status
Not open for further replies.