Construction Site...help.

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Okay, my business name is Brothers Construction Inc, using the name Richard, on the site.

Here is what a paid professional gave me..... http://brosconst.com/

I tell the guy my name, address and phone number...and what places the company serves....and that's what he gave me.

I don't know how great everyone's scripting capabilities are but....I am thinking of leaving that site and creating a new one hosted by x10hosting, for my company.

I wanted to know if anyone out there has a good site layout or theme/software to use for this construction company site. I am offer 500 credits to the one that can give me one that I would like to use, that is for free...

Business is low especially in the winter...so I thought a site for the company would help with more sales.

so any one else that even tries to help the slightest bit to some degree will receive rep.

---for later on------
I am also looking for a site addon onto the construction site, a page that lets users register for free, and get 10% of the total amount the company makes from the job or project that person leads us to.

Example, a person signs up....finds someone who wants to have an addition done to their home.....the person who signed up goes to that person who wants an addition and simply tells them to visit our site or call us. If we get the job....10% of all the income generated from that lead will be hand delivered by one of our staff members....note: average home additions are around $70.00- $150,000.00....find 10% of any number in between that and it's ALL YOURS...

that is what I want the person to be able to do...to simply sign up, and get the company some leads in exchange for some EASY cash.

Well thank you for your help. I hope someone can help my company in a way.

zen-r

Reaction score
...If we get the job....10% of all the income generated from that lead will be hand delivered by one of our staff members...

I guess this means that you aren't one of the many 13 year-olds that 90% of this forum seems to consist of?!

You may want to reconsider wording of the promise of hand delivery - I live in the UK, so if I or similar "foreigners" earn any commission by recommending you to leads, delivery could get quite expensive for you. Just a thought!

Good luck with the business, by the way. I know that times are getting much tougher in the current economic climate - I've been affected too.

woiwky

Reaction score
I am also looking for a site addon onto the construction site, a page that lets users register for free, and get 10% of the total amount the company makes from the job or project that person leads us to.

Is that 10% of gross or net?

Also, I can't really help with designing since I'm so left-brained that even my stick figures are of poor quality. But I can help out with any back-end work you might need done. I have more free time now, so I'm looking for things to keep busy with.

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
No hah, I am not one of those younger people using x10hosting, but when I said hand delivered, I meant with Fed Ex or something similar which still is hand delivered in a way.

Not sure how I may have made it seem, but I am not looking for someone to hire for anything...I just wanted maybe a couple of links to some nice construction site templates or a couple free programs I could download that would enable me to make an efficient construction site. I am not really one of the workers there's a manager of mine, and the guy hasn't been able to get leads for the past 3 months. Last project he worked on was in Yonkers New York, a school and there we are having law suits.

So if someone can help in a way with a new site template, (construction related) and then also give me some suggestions as to what site programs to install on the site so that it...become proficient it would be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou.

About the 10% gross or net....

It's gross. This isn't really for people who live in other places other then New Jersey, and the State Of New York, Or New York City....as that is the only place my company services.

Last edited:

zen-r

Reaction score
Perhaps this thread should be moved to where more people will see it who are able to offer you good web design & software advice.

Staff will know where best. I'd have thought in any of the forums such as Review My Site, Scripts & 3rd Party Apps, or even Ads & Offers would be better than Off-Topic!

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
maybe it should be moved. not sure where it would go though like you said review my site...site does not exist yet hehe....3rd party apps...I don't really need help with any 3rd party apps just some links to some apps would be sufficient ads and offers....nothing to do with ads and I am not really offering anything other then credits and rep if help is given.

freecrm

Reaction score
Good to see an innovative approach to an ailing business sector!

Personally, I hate using templates as they can be tricky to update and the user will probably find it difficult to update.

Software-wise, the are plenty of good WYSIWYG editors out there, including the standard Dreamweaver that will give you a good start to making a site from scratch. That said, you get what you pay for and I haven't yet found a good opensource or "free" package.

Image-wise, try "GIMP", which I believe also now does splicing (cutting images into handleable chunks for websites.

If you were to post in marketplace, you may find someone who will create a template for you from scratch, but 500 creds won't get you much more than you've already got!

afccinc

Reaction score
I posted in another form to try to do a link exchange with people in the building industry. And I would like to do a link exchange with your company.

StorefrontDoors.Net ----Let me know
-----------------------------------------------------------------

I am not sure exactly what you're looking for or if your needs have been met. But my company specializes in software for the building industry.

I only work the building industry.
Web applications
database architecture
database dev
software object modeling
network adim
ip cameras "for jobsites"

I am affordable because my company actively builds and works with building materials manufactures and fabricators on a daily bases.

As far as the scripting goes that is where you really save your money with my company. .net C#, javascript, vb.net, sql database dev... ect

----------------------