Votes: 87 68.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Now that we have had the support ticket system online for a while I want to get everyone's feedback on which method they prefer while getting help (or giving help if staff). Please vote in this poll to let me know whether you would rather use the forums for support or the ticket system.

-Corey

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I like using the ticket support system. I've found it a neat way rather than having to find my topic in a forum. Besides, I don't have to keep tabs on where it is in the forum either. I just click view ticket and there's my ticket. Click the ticket, there's my topic.

malcomhfc1875

Reaction score
I pre fare forum. Gives you a chance to view other peoples topics and saves you sometimes posting yours as the answer is in someone else help thread.

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Forum Support; more people know how it works and when I worked here, I found the forums easier to catch up on.

Uchiha Sasuke

Reaction score
i still prefer the forums bc most of the members will repy more on it then the support tickets. besides its alot fun to help out

Russ

<b>Retired *****</b>
Reaction score
When we use the forums, we don't allow user to user help on the free hosting support forums. ;-)

Blazer9131

Reaction score
I like both, but I'd rather use the Forums, One of my support tickets was open for quite a bit of time *two weeks* and it was answered yesterday, AFTER I talked to Scott on the chat thing.

~Blaze

Kansy

Community Advocate
Community Support
Prime Account
Reaction score
Okey here my thoughts :p

I really like the ticket system. It makes the hosting support more professional and it seems that the costumer has an exclusive servicer for him. (From a staff view) We really have the tickets organized and when we're giving support is really easy answer tickets. (From the user view) They can answer tickets via email, and it's really confortable because they don't have to navigate lots of pages.

Btw, I've voted for the forum support. If we're looking to have the "issues" organized, we have lots of forum categories like "Support level 2" etc... (even in the spanish community). We have the "quick answer" option so is not so difficult to answer neither. Also, when you wirte in the forums, you can set an style for the answer, I mean (Color, size, images ...) and I'ts better to read to have different colors and sizes than seeing everything black an white.

Now that we have the ticket system, we have increased our support, but we have decreased a lot the activity of the forums, and the forums is one thing that makes the hosting seem alive !

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
I prefer the support ticket, although it was nice to see other requests.

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm going to sound like a broken record to the staff members but I think I'll add my input here.

My main concern with the support forum method is privacy. I really don't feel very comfortable posting information in a public thread that could be a possible security issue, personal issue, etc. Support forum posts also do get indexed in google and other search engines so that means I'm leaving quite a digital footprint behind as well.

Now with the ticket system the issues are only viewed by the staff and no one else.

Last edited:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
I prefer ticket system both for privacy, and for the utter lack of "I'm having this problem too" posts.

Don't get me wrong - frequently all the same posts need the same solution, but it also happens were 5 people have the same problem, but 5 different causes - it doesn't help when there's 5 solutions in the same thread, because no one knows which one to actually use.

That being said, the way the forums were set up before the ticket system essentially -was- a ticket system. Everyone could view it, but only mods/admins and the original poster could reply. Might as well just take out the "everyone can view it" and get it private like it should be :)

CambridgeBaptist

Reaction score
I can see the good idea behind both... The ticket system is professional, and it's quite easy to manage, easy for staff to view tickets and reply etc.
The forum, on the other hand, is less professional in terms of support. It's also not as easy to keep track of one's topic. But, if say, one has an issue with a fairly simple answer, user-to-user support can be very useful. An example is if someone has trouble with a script, and doesn't realise that he/she requires intermediate PHP config to run it. The user could quite simply just ask on the forums.

Personally, I like support tickets.

WyrGecko

Reaction score
I like the tickets more for official support. You can immediately check up on stuff, and it's a better method for information that people might not want to give out. It's also nice to have the ticket number, though you could also just use the thread ID, if it were on the forums. For some, though, it's not a big deal if they get seen. It'll get better if the Knowledge Base gets built up when people eventually have time for it :x

zer0ne1337

Reaction score
I like both, but I prefer the ticket system more as it is fast and resolves my queries clearly. :)

REBEL21

Reaction score
i prefer forum support.
1 any one can help
2 its easier than logging in and waitin as malcom said for 2 days on a ticket!!!

Jamie

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Let me reiterate what Russ stated prior:

Russ said:
When we use the forums, we don't allow user to user help on the free hosting support forums. ;-)

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I have chosen the ticket system, in my opinion as a staff member, the ticket system is so much more organised and more efficient. We can escalate issues to level 2 and leave notes for the other staff, it makes it look a lot more professional and with the assignment of tickets to staff, it makes it easier to know if a ticket is already being looked into by a staff member. This all in all makes it more efficient for staff, and allows us to give more efficient and speedier service to users also.

I don't know how i could go back to the forum support. The tickets just have so much more features.

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
Having recently had problems with my site, I had to use the ticket system. I believe that tickets are a far more effective way of getting to the bottom of issues as they are private and can have differing priority. The admins at the other end are very helpful and the response is very prompt. All in all a very good service.
Using the forums for support doesn't seem as easy for me, as you requests can become lost in between everyone else'.

Status
Not open for further replies.