Zero Tolerance

Status
Not open for further replies.

nandifamily

Reaction score
Yes, there should be zero-tolerance on such issues. Warez makes people download stuff in large numbers and therefore uses up too many resources which causes inconvenience to other members. 'XXX' should be strictly controlled x10 and its members do not face any scandals. Finally, people using nulled scripts can be imprisoned according to the law.
And people like me, who host personal or group sites often get links blocked on social networking, sharing and blog sites because of the problems of abusers.
NOTE: I FACED THIS PROBLEM IN FACEBOOK AND IN NO WAY I WILL ALLOW ABUSERS TO HAVE THEIR WAY!
Best of luck to the x10 staff!!!!

kuarkon

Reaction score
flash games are ok? if i download them from sites where says: Put it on your blog, or Put it on your website?

blueiron

Reaction score
flash games are ok? if i download them from sites where says: Put it on your blog, or Put it on your website?

Flash games would be something almost completely different.
Most flash games are in the free domain, unless you have to pay the website that hosts them, to be able to play them. If you do need to pay-to-play them, then I wouldn't go putting them up on your site.

cowctcat

Reaction score
You know i love how motivational these things are it feels like you guys are just about to form a mob and run the software pirates out of town or something. Way to go corey tolerance is what killed so many empires in the past

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Maybe report them to DMCA, too.

All a DMCA would do is send a complain to the copyright owner, and they'd then proceed to send a complaint to the upstream provider, who gives you a time allocation to comply with the complaint before suspending/terminating your services (In this case, servers.)

Last edited:

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
No they wouldn't, since we comply with the requests it's fine.

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Hence, this is why we have a zero tolerance policy.

Swiblet

Reaction score
I agree. As much as I love shady sites, seeing them on a clean, problem-free host that I've fallen in love with is not a pleasant sight at all. If people can't comply with the rules, why can't they just take their illegal business where it's allowed? Or better yet, go get their own server. It's thanks to those knuckleheads that Account Managers have such taxing jobs in the first place. If people would just stay in line, Account Managers would have more time to do more useful things...like maybe teaming up to improve the entire host in general.

~~B3N

nchgaming

Reaction score
I hate to step in like this, but once again, I am as lost in what you guys are talking about, as probably 90% of your users are. Nulled scripts??? Even after the techno garb explinations, I have some clue what you're talking about, but some may not.. Maybe this is beause I'm not advanced enough in my abilities to do/use/or know what ever this is. But if I am doing so, or another user is, with out knowing, how are we supposed to understand without something happening that ends up appearing as an unprovoked attack (abstract point of view). I personally could use some examples.
Further more, I, as I'm sure all of your users, would very much appreciate, being NOTIFIED of ANYTHING that effects their site, rather than AIMLESSLY searching the forums for something, when they don't even know what it is we SHOULD be looking for. This might also reduce the number of incidences that end up requiring a one on one resolution.
I don't know, but I hope this explaination helps allieviate alot of tension between X10 and it's users.
What are you talking about?

A nulled script is a script that needs a license, and someone has "nulled" or removed the file that makes sure you have a valid license key. Therefore making the script/system illegal.
many of us may not know what file(s) they may have that fit this description.

Many new users are experimenting for the first time, and are clueless as to how to proceed... so they try whatever THEY think works or MIGHT work. Most users that are already quite familiar, know what a "CMS" is, but others are just learning. And what better place to do it than on a free server, that doesn't charge you for the time and space "wasted" during their learning process.

Take SMF for example. Very powerful forum system, as well as phpBB 3 and in the case of SMF, you can turn it into a mini CMS using the ssi.php file (?) that comes with the software.
many of us do not understand, or are unfirmiliar with acronyms being used.

I hope you guys find this helpful

(if there are spelling errors...sorry...spell checking didn't function)

I'm putting alot of time and effort into my site, and I get really nervous when things "burp", and don't know why. Spending hours looking for the answer, only to not understand it when found, if it is found, is SUPER frustrating.

nterror

Reaction score
Its simple.

Commercial software (non-free) like Photoshop do a check to make sure you bought the product before it allows you to use it. Non-free scripts like vBulletin do the same. People modify the script/software and remove this protection so they can use it for free, this is referred to as nulling, and is a form of warez.

If you've taken scripts from a warez site, it is probably nulled/cracked.

Thank you x10!

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
I guess I should jump in and put it this way - if in doubt, ASK. If it's something you know for a fact is pay software and you're getting it for free, that's another dead giveaway.

Better to ask first and be told "thats warez, dont' host it" than host first and be told "Thats warez, your account is now erased and banned." :)

masshuu

Head of the Geese
Community Support
Enemy of the State
Reaction score
i don't understand how you wouldn't take a Zero Tolerance stance in the first place.

:eek:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
This is already in the ToS, I shouldn't even need this thread. People get upset when they are suspended and now we just point them to this thread.

All free users are required to keep up on the changes and news also, it is not our responsibility to make sure each and every person gets the info. We post it in a VERY easily accessible place, if they don't want to keep up to date with changes like they are supposed to it is their fault. We have the two week inactivity rule for a reason, everyone should be checking the news on the forums at least once every two weeks.

Zaccy

Reaction score
That'll show those TOS ignorers and careless users that think "Aw, who gives a damn, no one would mind if i upload this nulled script, not even Corey, everyone does this, it's normal to bypass licensing systems". If i owned a web hosting service, and i do, if i caught ANYONE uploading unlicensed scripts, warez, or other illegal stuff, i would suspend their hosting account the 1st time for a week, the 2nd time 2 weeks, the 3rd time i would suspend their hosting and forum account for 2 weeks (forum) and 3 weeks (hosting), and 4th time, bye bye hosting

Parsa44

Reaction score
Nice idea, i would hate x10 to be shutted down due to the minoroty.

Status
Not open for further replies.