Fallout vs. Oblivion

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I think they are both great games. I couldn't choose one over the other.

That said the original Fallout 1 and 2 we're better than Oblivion and Fallout 3 IMO.

malcomhfc1875

Reaction score
You can't say which one is better rofl. Would be pretty hard to decide! s'o i choose both. Both great games for what they are based on.

nterror

Reaction score
Yeah, depends on what action style you would prefer.

Oblivion or Oblivion w/guns

warlordste

Reaction score
i like them both i can't say which it better they both have there good points and bad

Blazer9131

Reaction score
oh god, tough choice. Fallout 3 was pretty damn short compared to Oblivion, and elongated game play is the win =P I'll choose Oblivion =D

~Blaze

Soki

Banned
Reaction score
They are by the same makers.
So, I just don't have a choice as they were all great.

nterror

Reaction score
Yeah, I hate when people's idea of a good game is based solely on graphics (unfortunately a lot of game developers do this too). Graphics could be mediocre with addictive gameplay (see games like Katamari, Guitar Hero, Wii).

You can make Fallout last a while if you don't touch the main quest often. The world is big, and there's plenty of side missions.

Last edited:

lair360

Reaction score
+ More glitches to repair = Bethesda: "Just buy the game so that I could have my cash!"
= "who cares about glitches! I am already rich!!"

Infinitalias

Reaction score
i prefer both , oblivion cause im more of a medival person , and i like not running out of ammo every 2 minutes, and fallout cause i love blowin s*** up and killing stuff

rkmon

Reaction score
Fallout all the way better graphics

Are you seriously saying that. That is a retarded thing to say considering when oblivion was released :p! think before you post. Oblivion still has great graphics.

fempower

Reaction score
Fallout has an amazing story, great characterizations, humor, and Dogmeat!

lair360

Reaction score
Are you seriously saying that. That is a retarded thing to say considering when oblivion was released :p! think before you post. Oblivion still has great graphics.

Still...the framerates on these are super heavy with glitches!!
........beware of their products! :naughty:

burner35

Reaction score
Bah no way does oblivion have great graphics, Fallout 3 has the best graphics :)

Bethesda in someway, make there games glitch. I jump from one point to another just like that ^^.

But both are fantastic games and there should be an Oblivion 2. :)

kcchan

Prime Account
Reaction score
I don't think the two games are all that comparable. Sure they are both made by the same company and run on the same engine, but I think Oblivion is more focused on freedom and medieval lore and Fallout is more of a straight forward story based game. After playing both I find myself liking them both on different merits. I love being able to slash random things in Oblivion and completing the numerous side quests like the fighters guild and mage guilds. As for Fallout I find myself not liking the side quests as much since they don't help progress my character much more than earning experience and picking up some loot. Of course, those epic battles in the main quests are worth the price of the game alone.