which is the best Mini Pc top5 price/specs

books555

Reaction score
which is the best Mini-Pc (not laptop). Can be top 5. compared by peice, specs, usability.
Also what can be enhanced to make it better.
Seemless and multi platform.
Device friendly. Or radical.
1. shuttle XPC Mini X200
2. Evesham Mini PC
3. Acer Aspire L100 Mini PC
4. Mini desktop PC 431
5. ESPRIMO Q Series
6. Cadar miniBox 100
7. Celrun Lluon A1 Mini PC
8. Stealth.com Little PCs

shuttle_x200_2.jpg

shuttle_x200_1.jpg

Last edited:

gautham

Reaction score
ASUS EEE PC is by far the best mini laptop around. Sturdy build, and great performance. So if you want a mini box, just buy an ASUS EEE PC 904 and connect it through its VGA port to a screen. You can also use it as a laptop, the way its normally used.

I feel a Mini PC does not make much sense as an investment.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
If you're looking for mobility, right now I would personally suggest a laptop, as they're cheaper for the power you get, much like how some ISPS give you more speed for the dollar. If you want a Mini PC for things such as stand-up presentations and such, or are traveling almost all the time, I'd certainly take a look at ASUS's Eee PC which I've heard high reviews about.

http://usa.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=24

Acer has also gotten quite big the past two years, and I've heard nothing bad about them.
By the way, I've heard Apple may be coughing up something interesting soon. Saw it on YouTube on a new one they're working on. IF you want a Mac, the best you're probably going to get is the new MacBook Pro. But if anything I'll certainly look around for you once I have time to search and compare.

Last edited:

gautham

Reaction score
I think he is not looking for a high end laptop. The kind of mini PCs he mentions are the typical sub-500$ type.

At this range, EEE PC 904 laptop is THE best. Damn cheap at 350$, but you need to spend a few dollars extra to add an external DVD Drive.

check out newegg.com for prices :-D
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&SubCategory=772&N=2034940772

Edit: there are other netbooks as well, but check 'em all out first. They are all equally cheap. Amazing how much choice of 300$ netbooks you have :-D

Last edited: