Why consoles are rubbish!

skai123

Reaction score
Well yeah, but then that involves some slight hacking to the PS3, which does void the warranty. Not many people are willing to hack their PS3 until after the warranty is up as those become void if you change the operating system the last I checked.

please dont give false information.

Sony supports having linux on the PS3. It is part of the PS3 feature. Before PS3 came out, it was said to include linux out of the box.

It's under system settings, (dont remember where exactly it is under).

boot_otheros.jpg
http://www.gpugrid.net/live/boot_otheros.jpg
Edit:
Consoles are worthy to play some jap games like ps2, i realy love the 26 games i have for it, but i didnt pay much for the console, i dont wana pay very much to the crapy Sony consoles that can easily overheat... seriously what is that slim crap for... i wish sony had more feelings for the customer who only wish to play some games that will never exist in a PC, i only congrat company Banpresto for making such great rpgs and i say to Sony that they suck for not using a good cooler for their systems.

What Sony Playstation are you talking about? overheating?

PS1/one? nope (Still have PS1 but its boxed up in a closet, still works last I check)
PS2/slime? nope (i still have my Phat PS2 and it's still up and running and never overheated)
PS3? (dont see any if at all of any complaints about overheating...)

Maybe you are refering to the Microsoft Xbox360? lol Most overheated console ever created...
Edit:
I don't like to go for consoles because they can only do one thing - GAME.
I prefer having a TV, Console and workstation all in a single box, thankyou.

Where have you been for hte past 2 years?

You can do so much more on PS3/360... especially with PS3 since you can install linux.

Last edited:

lair360

Reaction score
I love my xbox 360, I always havepeople over and playing.

Well...play as much as you can with your Xbox360...:lol:
Its going to flip out and say: "I have a red ring of death!"
Edit:
Consoles are worthy to play some jap games like ps2, i realy love the 26 games i have for it, but i didnt pay much for the console, i dont wana pay very much to the crapy Sony consoles that can easily overheat... seriously what is that slim crap for... i wish sony had more feelings for the customer who only wish to play some games that will never exist in a PC, i only congrat company Banpresto for making such great rpgs and i say to Sony that they suck for not using a good cooler for their systems.

UUUUhhhh....according to my consol history, my machine still lives!
never die and keeps going for 1 year and 4 months!

40Gb edition and the new 80Gb edition.

Notes: the 40Gb edition hard drive was replace with a 2.5" Sata (not SATA II) with a 500Gb hard drive...yet still works like a charm.

Now, one day my PS3 fan began to kick in with a noise like a hoover!
There is more air sucked into my machine!! Woowww....after that it goes back to normal. ;)

For Microsoft Xbox, they should reconsider re-designing their consol with a better cooling system.

............RIP Xbox 360

Last edited:

jaint

Reaction score
only good thing about consoles is that there's no installation so you don't have to wait to play any of your older games. Just pop it in and go. besides that there's no real advantage - you have to pay to play multiplayer in most cases, you have less games and can't do mods. Really no free games either and cheats and stuff are harder to come by.

skai123

Reaction score
only good thing about consoles is that there's no installation so you don't have to wait to play any of your older games. Just pop it in and go. besides that there's no real advantage - you have to pay to play multiplayer in most cases, you have less games and can't do mods. Really no free games either and cheats and stuff are harder to come by.

Some games has installs...
and Online is free for the PS3 ;)
Edit:
Well...play as much as you can with your Xbox360...:lol:
Its going to flip out and say: "I have a red ring of death!"
Edit:

UUUUhhhh....according to my consol history, my machine still lives!
never die and keeps going for 1 year and 4 months!

40Gb edition and the new 80Gb edition.

Notes: the 40Gb edition hard drive was replace with a 2.5" Sata (not SATA II) with a 500Gb hard drive...yet still works like a charm.

Now, one day my PS3 fan began to kick in with a noise like a hoover!
There is more air sucked into my machine!! Woowww....after that it goes back to normal. ;)

For Microsoft Xbox, they should reconsider re-designing their consol with a better cooling system.

............RIP Xbox 360

he said PS2, so im assuming hes talking about PS2... and my PS2 is still living nothing happen for the past 7-8 years...

Last edited: