Aliens?

Parsa44

Reaction score
How do you know that's true? How do you know that's not an illusion?

1. How do you know it IS?

2. If those plannets didnt exist a whole bunch of things wouldn't work out for example we can mesure the gravity of a large star affecting other plannets around it.

fempower

Reaction score
I think it's very likely that aliens exist on a another planet in another galaxy. Statistically, it's possible and it would be arrogant for us to assume that we're the only "intelligent" life in the universe(s). I agree with sourfacedcyclop that really intelligent life might want to stay away from us.

As for why many non-scientifically non-statistically people might believe, well, for some cases, people have a need to believe in something greater than themselves (people are more likely to be depressed if they don't have a particular religion/world view/scientific view). Also, there are so many stories of sightings and many legends have a core of truth. And you just KNOW that the government does hide many things; one of which could very well be the existence of extraterrestrials (Roswell! Roswell!).

People do seem to love kitschy things hence the purchasing of the t-shirts and audio tapes, but yes, that's just dumb, especially since it's been shown to be a hoax.

Parsa44

Reaction score
I think if people learned to realise how large the universe is they would believe aliens exist, but so far away its likley we will never come into contact. (well not till year 50,000 anyway)

chingola

Reaction score
IF there are aliens... how do we know they are not more violent than we are, how do you know they just look at us like we do Utopia.... If the other planets are so old, maybe they all are gone....
The only Aliens I think are out there are the ones coming to a new country.
That does bring a good question, if a alien from another planet visited us would they be illegal aliens?

stunna

Reaction score
I have no clue but if anyone believed that their really stupid. lmao.

Jonthefisherman

Reaction score
I wouldn't call alien life a stupid lie, just I don't think its really how the media portrays it. (Little green men flying around in disks).

One ofMany

Reaction score
A few things you can never get rid of:

Poverty
Greed
Hate
Jelousy
Fear

And all of these cause conflict.

I believe that emotions came along by natural selection (luck in diversity) and because of these traits certain species began to expand in numbers due to better survival instincts and create more life and diversity of species and so on.
So it may take many thousands of years to supress these emotions of greed, jealousy and other anti-social thoughts from our species.

It's sad to think that there will always be corruption, subjugation, fear of differences, irrational preconceptions and ... ,
all we can try to do is promote understanding, tolerance, respect and enforce common (commonsense) law - even if other people believe in points of view that are generally outside rational thinking with no proof - as long as those people are not harmful and we are friendly - doesn't mean they have to be my friends.

- It's funny how the more people that have video cameras - the less UFO sightings there have been.
- If there is intellegent life somewhere out in space it would be great, because there is bugger all here on Earth.
- If there is something stupid that people will buy into (fake or not) then there is usually someone trying to make money from it.
- in the sixties people use to take drugs to make the world look weird, nowadays people take drugs to make the world look normal.

Whether or not any sought of life exists somewhere else in this galaxy/universe or it is just a phenomenon on this planet alone is unknown.
Probability suggests that it does exist elsewhere.
I think that it is probable that if intelligent life does exist in this universe that they are to far away to travel or signal here.

In an infinite universe - there are an infinite number of different probabilities.
I don't know if the universe is infinite, the big bang theory suggests it is't.
But I gotta tell you - it's really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really big. I mean, it is so big that ...

ashhhevil

Reaction score
I think people just get scared thinking that there's someone else out there. And they just wanna make sure that it isn't true. like. if someone says that your backpack is open, even though you remember closing it, you still gotta check if it's still closed.

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
This relates very closely to what I wrote my final paper on in AP English Language and Composition. To sum it all up in a sentence, I argued that aliens are three-dimensional beings from another three-dimensional world, and are controlled by a different four-dimensional ruler. It's a little difficult to give sufficient background information on it, but my entire paper can be downloaded from my blog.

loveispoison

Banned
Reaction score
OMG did any 1 say aliens:hyper:

hmmm wana know what i think about aliens well there might be aliens no 1 knows for sure and for the ufo those are made up and i think its usa made they do experiements so when there are doing it people think its aliens just think for a moment why they never come down are they scared nah then thats what i think.

compass

Reaction score
Do Aliens exist at all, as in intelligent beings not from our planet?

Probably yes.
Drake equation (cited in this Thread already) is a good enough argument.

Have they come visit us here?

Probably not.
The fact that some of the most powerfull people and organizations on Earth do not seem to be able to keep the most embarassing and damaging secrets (political, economic, social) out of the media leads me to belive great conspiracies supposedly covering up "a multitude" of sightings, crash landings, captured aliens, etc. are just wishfull thinking.

the_site

Reaction score
Actually there is a very small chance of life coming into existence in the first place.

Lets say 2x10^-10000000000000000000000000

But because the universe is infinitely large. And because any number added, subtracted from, divided by, or multiplied with infinity = infinity one can conclude that there is a 1/1 chance of life being somewhere else in the universe.

So somewhere in the universe (which is endless) other life exists.

PS: Technically an "Alien" can be considered as a person from another country; for instance, illegal immigrants are often called "Illegal Aliens". An alien is nothing but something that is foreign to the region.

Possible life form of 'alien's, just do the drake equation
847914dec26cc45ac2957da0054683de.png

Its an estimate of he number of extraterrestrial civilizations in the Milky Way.
I believe of there could be 'Aliens', Extraterrestrial life form, because we are in the Milky Way Galaxy with a Main Sequence star, the sun. Of course there are plenty of suns out there that is like ours and possibly hold other life forms. Of course It would be slim to none if we meet contact with them, because the hoaxes or the government... but just out of stories or possibly "real cases" I certainly believe there are aliens out there.

And people out there may be an alien fan, that buys fabricated story products, but I dont think Aliens are total bull just yet

zen-r

Reaction score
alienverso.gif

Actually, I'm only here because I had the urge to post that emoticon.

But since this is Crossfire, with Crossfire rules, I'd better say something. :biggrin:

To debate this properly, we really need some good definitions of what we mean by aliens. I'm going to go with the simple one of "life from somewhere other than this planet".

With that in mind, I'd say that almost certainly Yes, there is plenty of alien life elsewhere in the universe. It would be extremely arrogant of us to think we are so unique that it could only happen here (given how much "Universe" there is, besides planet Earth).

But has it been here? I very much doubt that intelligent life has been here, & for the same reasons that so many previous posters have already stated.

One thing which I think is entirely possible though, is that small, simple organisms could have arrived here from elsewhere, perhaps entombed & protected within a meteorite. This could, in particular, include viruses.

So if these life forms can be described as aliens, then Yes, we have quite possibly had them here at some point in the Planet's history. Who knows, they could have even "seeded" the start of life here.

In which case, are we all descended from aliens?!!

Please click my Reputation button
reputation.gif
(at the corner of this post) & make me :) -it costs you nothing!

If I've traded services/credits with you, please remember to leave iTrader Feedback. Thanks.​

alien.gif

Last edited:

compass

Reaction score
... ... ...

One thing which I think is entirely possible though, is that small, simple organisms could have arrived here from elsewhere, perhaps entombed & protected within a meteorite. This could, in particular, include viruses.

So if these life forms can be described as aliens, then Yes, we have quite possibly had them here at some point in the Planet's history. Who knows, they could have even "seeded" the start of life here.

If the microorganisms from space have seeded life here (Panspermia) then life should be abundant enough that we (or our descendants) should find some traces of life as soon as we explore our Solar System in a more serious and systematic way.
Of course, they should be similar to us (at a biochemical level).

On the other hand, "alien" microorganisms having landed on Earth after life got established here, and still living relatively prosperously among us is less probable.
All cells analysed so far (viruses, bacteria, cells of plants and animals) have in fact been found to use the same basic molecular building blocks, indicating just one origin of life on Earth (that has survived and that we know of).

When humans will be able to take samples from some of the bodies orbiting the gas giants (especially the ones with some sort of liquids on their surface) we may be in for some surprises.

I'd love to live long enough to see/hear the news of life found outside of Earth! :biggrin:

loveispoison

Banned
Reaction score
alienverso.gif

But since this is Crossfire, with Crossfire rules, I'd better say something. :biggrin:

To debate this properly, we really need some good definitions of what we mean by aliens. I'm going to go with the simple one of "life from somewhere other than this planet".

With that in mind, I'd say that almost certainly Yes, there is plenty of alien life elsewhere in the universe. It would be extremely arrogant of us to think we are so unique that it could only happen here (given how much "Universe" there is, besides planet Earth).

But has it been here? I very much doubt that intelligent life has been here, & for the same reasons that so many previous posters have already stated.

In which case, are we all descended from aliens?!!

Please click my Reputation button
reputation.gif
(at the corner of this post) & make me :) -it costs you nothing!

If I've traded services/credits with you, please remember to leave iTrader Feedback. Thanks.​

alien.gif

thats a good explanatoin and yes its possible but who knows maybe were aliens maybe we came long time ago for some reason there are manny reasons and maybe we whore the the micro organism and evolved into humans who knows that there are billions of planets out there some far some near if we are here then why not there could be life out there iswell and when i

when i was 13 years old i was on top of the my homes roof and i saw something in the sky i cant explain there was red lights in triangle shape blinking and moving and after few years i was reading a book about aliens and there it was a picture simmiler to what i saw red lights triangle shaped i believe there is something out there and for ufo as i said b4 in my other comment ufo that show up maybe its the secretgoverment experiements testing the new crafts.

rebellion

Reaction score
I beleive in other life forms. You can't tell me, that we are the only living planet? COME ON. Have you considered how big the universe is? There are other galaxies, other solar systems, other planets, other suns, there has to be a planet with life somewhere. Other wise, its a waste of space.

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
alienverso.gif

I thought as much before I even read the first word of your post. :lol:

Does that mean that the rest of what you wrote is just filler material and isn't worth reading? :hahano:

Anyways, I can't remember if I've ever said anything in this thread or not, but if I have it was a long while back, so I'll post my thoughts on the existence of aliens.

Using the definition of aliens which zen-r gave, which seems to me fairly good, I think there's a 50-50 chance of there being aliens out there. We don't have any evidence for aliens, but neither do we have a single shred of evidence against aliens.

As far as there being little green blobs flying around in space saucers however, I'd say the probability of that is pretty low. ;) :lol::lol::lol:

aimflux

Reaction score
People believe aliens are real because they think there is life on other planets. The one thing I want to know is why people always think they're smarter than us just because they're not from Earth. How do you know they're not dumber than a single-celled organism?:dunno:

I'm not saying that I don't think there is life outside of Earth. But at the same time, I'm not saying I do. To be totally honest, I really don't care.

I beleive in them only when watching alien pranks.
LOL............:lol: