• Brand New Exciting eMagazine!!!

Votes: 39 56.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

One of our members of staff, Vigge_sWe, has brought up an interesting idea of having an eMagazine once every 2 weeks instead of a newsletter. This magazine would contain everything the newsletters have, but we would also be able to have full length tutorials, proper articles and even accept articles from our users.

A good example of this is here.

So what do you think, post any questions or comments below.

Also, anyone that has a tutorial or would be interested in writing a tutorial for the newsletter - please PM or email me.

Last edited:

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
I think that would be a good idea. I'd help you out with designing and putting it together if you want. :)

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
An eMagazine sounds cool! Just have to make sure it's going to work as the example above is broken :p

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
emagazine, but once every month, not twice!

Soki

Banned
Reaction score
The problem with this is that you can't click links...
I sorta hate the idea of an eMagazine.

Dan

Reaction score
The problem with this is that you can't click links...

You can click links, if you can't in the example, then it is the way they put it together...

nhales

Reaction score
I don't mind what format we have e.g newsletter, emagazine, etc.

The idea of tutorials, snippets, tricks and tips is excellent.

Yes most of the information will be available elsewhere but it creates new interest in the comms channel.

To keep things fresh and interesting there is a need to reinvent yourself, comms channels are no different.

Over a period we will get tired of anything, change is important, need to continually reinvigorate the comms over a period by changing content.

Dan

Reaction score
I don't mind what format we have e.g newsletter, emagazine, etc.

The idea of tutorials, snippets, tricks and tips is excellent.

Well, the reason we thought of perhaps having an eMagazine instead was so we could fit a lot more tutorials, snippets, tricks and tips into it :D
In the newsletter as we have it at the moment, there really isn't much room for much more than a paragraph per article.

adessobastadavvero

Reaction score
excellent!
we could have topics reported at the end of the newsletter, too
(to help lazy people like me :biggrin: )

wolf235

Reaction score
I really like the idea of tutorials.

And as I am fairly new to web design, an online magazine would probably be more appropriate for the people at the same level as me, and more educational.

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
The reason I thought of a magazine, is that it can be longer and have more content (you wouldn't want to have a 1mb email sent out).

You could have like 2 - 3 pages full of tutorials, news (both x10 news and other news(like, there is this new site for making this and that for your site etc)), user submitted articles, site reviews, reviews of different scripts and tools etc.

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I like reading the news letter. It's short and sweet. It gives me what I need to know as a member.

With an eMagazine I would find myself turned off of wanting to read it due to the length. Plus I really hate having to open PDFs (in the web browser or otherwise).

It's a good idea and everything but is it the right idea for this kind of site? Obviously we are trying to reach out to our customers or potential customers with services that differ from other hosting sites. I'm all for that.

unpixelatedgamers

Reaction score
An emagazine will certainly be more work, but it'll also be more useful.

As long as you keep archives as well :biggrin:

Dan

Reaction score
An emagazine will certainly be more work, but it'll also be more useful.

As long as you keep archives as well :biggrin:

Don't worry, we'll have archives.
I've already found a tool so users can easily browse through past issues :D

@Kayos - The magazine won't be PDF, look at the example to see what sort of thing it will be.

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
@Kayos - The magazine won't be PDF, look at the example to see what sort of thing it will be.

The example is pretty much the same as what a PDF file would be like except it's used with flash. I still wouldn't read it in that form. That's just me though.

satbir

Reaction score
Idea is really good but it should die because of non-availability of time then we would not get even regular updates.

digitaljit

Reaction score
The e-Magazine is a good idea and also a modern way of presenting information. Just one thing...if we could have the option to save it locally and view it offline...that will be excellent! (or is the option already there...?).

Anyway, I vote for e-Magazine! ;)

Warm Regards
Jitendra A

Dan

Reaction score
The e-Magazine is a good idea and also a modern way of presenting information. Just one thing...if we could have the option to save it locally and view it offline...that will be excellent! (or is the option already there...?).

I'm not sure if that is included in the script we will most likely use.
If it isn't, then I'll make my own page with PDF downloads of them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.