Webdesign help

liboxgoa

Reaction score
I am a newbie in the area of website devp! I've just created a new wesite www.liboxgoa.com using frames.
My problem is that when the site is viewed from a widescreen comp (like my lappie on which i designed it) the website looks okay! But when viewd from a noraml 14'' monitor pc certain portion look ditorted and go off the screen. Why does this happen? I've designed it using MS frontpage 07.
Any help will be appriciated!

Nikunj

sourfacedcyclop

Reaction score
It is to wide, most people use a 1024px wide screen, so try making your site with a width of 1000px or use a percentage for the width.

datumon

Reaction score
I find it interesting that you say you're using FrontPage 07 - do you mean 2003, as 07 was never made.

I've visited your site (on a widescreen monitor) and I have to say, it looks very good.

However, I changed my monitor's resolution to 1024x768, and the site still displays fine.
Whether this is because it is still on a widescreen monitor, I don't know, but it seems ok to me.

If you're using FrontPage 2003, then at the bottom-right there should be a resolution section.
Right-click this and select a 1024x768 resolution, and this will simulate what the site will sort of be like on a 1024x768 screen.
Of course, you can also select the arrow to the right of the webpage preview button, and select the "Display in Your web browser (1024x768) option. This will open a browser window, resized to a 1024x768 resolution.

Hope this helps, and once again, well done with your site - very professional.

kbjradmin

Reaction score
first, your page takes a long time to load, you may want to look into that.

but, back to your problem, on a 1280x1024 screen, it looks fine. it also looks fine on a 1024x768. the only time there should be a problem is if someone is using a lower resolutions than 1024x768 (unlikely) such as 800x600.

normally this isn't a problem because its so uncommon, but if you're that worried about it, you can create a second css file that you use if the screen resolution is below 1024x768. this would require javascript, but it would be quite basic, just time consuming.

hope that helps. nice site, by the way.

liboxgoa

Reaction score
It was mistake on my part. Actually i use office 07, but the frontpage version is of 2003.
BTW thanks for your suggestions. I think i'll try experimenting with the screen resolution in MS frontpage. But how do i make the changes in the css?

Regards,
Nikunj

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I looked at it with non-widescreen monitor in 1024x768 and it looks fine. Only the contact page is all messed up. I beleive you are fixing it right now.

I like your layout. Thing that caught my attention is the colors. Great job!

But I have to criticize something (that's just stronger then me :) ). I think that plain white would be better for your text background instead of noised gray you use and your font-size is to small.

Background gradient should end with darker blue.

Apart from what that it's really great.

Last edited: