MIDI Note On/Off

Reaction score
I have a control board for some stage lighting that has a MIDI jack. According to the manual, sending various MIDI note on/off signals allows you to control the lights. Does anyone know of a program/C++ script that will do this?

Reaction score
Thanks, It's downloading. I will give it a try.
Edit:
That is for DMX (Which is data cable that comes out the by ligiting board)... You need a USB to DMX which is the problem with software like that. I just need a simple note on script. But thanks for trying

Last edited:

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Let me know how it works. I did a bit of lighting in high school, so I might be able to help you if you run into any problems, though I'm sure your system is way better than the one I used then :)

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
installing...

does your pc have a midi port installed?

the option is there for me...

start->freestyler->freestyler ...maybe you're using one of the other programs included?

Last edited:

Spasm

Reaction score
What you're looking for is called a sequencer. Look at this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_MIDI_editors_and_sequencers or type "midi sequencer" into google. I haven't personally used any sequencers that don't come packaged in a digital music studio, and you're probably looking for something that's cheap/free, but that should get you headed in the right direction.

Last edited: