Sporadically unable to access website

Status
Not open for further replies.

cybrgms

Reaction score
Usually when I first start trying to visit my site, I have success and it loads very quickly, but after I've spent five or ten minutes refreshing pages because I've been working on my site, it no longer loads. I eventually get "request timed out" or "connection to server reset" errors because my site won't load. This is really annoying me, because I cannot view my site, therefore I can't really edit it.

Also, I can log in to cPanel perfectly, using my site URL and then the port number. I don't understand how I can access the cPanel this way fine, but can't possibly load a single page on my site.

rockraider

Reaction score
I will take it that you have free hosting. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

Most of the free servers have been having small HTTP outages every now and then today. I don't know exactly why (I'm not a staff member). Free servers are never always up anyways, and I've been experiencing the same problem today as well. If this goes on for a prolonged period of time I suggest opening a support ticket. Other than that, this is all a part of being on a free server, and if you don't like it, there's always paid ones. ;)

Oh yea...cPanel is a separate service from your actual website content, so it has different (and usually better) uptimes. This may be of some help to you in the future. I have it bookmarked. :D

Reaction score
Please note that, that status page is also not 100% accurate all of the time so don't live by what it says.

Status
Not open for further replies.