frequent downtime

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueiron

Reaction score
Hello all.

I've recently received many many notices about my website not functioning.
I myself have experienced this problem, and it is the same problem from the start of my service with X10.

When I connect to my website, hosted on the stoli server as an adfree account, I have a very small chance of acctually connecting. Various pings show that the server is fully online and will respond in a very quick maner.
However, I am still unable to connect to my website.

I have taken plenty of measures to insure that it is not a problem of mine, by running connection tests with servers around the world, as well as clearing my network cache.
Thus, I am lead to believe that the problem lies with my server configureation. I am supported in the fact that my account has already been found with some invalid or incorrect configureation before this.

I would like to request something rather extensive be done.
I would like one of the admin/staff to go thru and check all of my configureation to insure that everything is in working order. If this can not be done, I would like to request that my account be remade on another server.
I have made all the needed backups of my website and database.

Thank you for your time.
I hope these matters can be resolved quickly.

Ps: I would have posted this in the support desk, but I can not seem to access that either, right now.

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
Well I can access it, and I am on stoli as well.
I had some problems with the old server, but since they changed it, I have a really small downtime.
Try over and over to login into the support desk ( http://support.x10hosting.com/ ) with both your cPanel and forum login, since I am not sure which of those they used for the login.

blueiron

Reaction score
Well I can access it, and I am on stoli as well.
I had some problems with the old server, but since they changed it, I have a really small downtime.
Try over and over to login into the support desk ( http://support.x10hosting.com/ ) with both your cPanel and forum login, since I am not sure which of those they used for the login.

I am able to access the site now. But the problem happens to be that throughout the day, I am only able to connect off and on. My users are saying the same thing, and my analytic services are even reflecting it. So something is definitely going wrong somewhere.

I flushed my internet cache again, and I still am unable to connect to the support sub domain.

Picard1595

Reaction score
Well this is community support official support is at support.x10hosting.com

plmgroup

Reaction score
Yeah, I can definitely attest to this. The downtime is terrible. It's just a hit and miss when you visit. And before anyone snaps at me about this being "Free"... I am well aware of that. I don't expect 99.99% uptime that I would get with, say ******* or ******, but c'mon, some good uptime would be nice. Support told me that they needed to clear out old accounts, that was slowing it down. Well, that's been 5 days ago and nothing better yet. The problem is definitely within the server... 'cause it's pings fine. I am using Drupal, but not running a lot of scripts.

This is a nice host, and I REALLY like them and dont wanna change, but I have to have reliability, at least 95% uptime would be ok. What's worse is when I'm building or adding content... and then it drops in the middle, doesn't save and I lose everything I've done.

C'mon x10... I really like you but something's gotta give. This is horrible...

Last edited by a moderator:

monkey_05_06

Reaction score
I'm on Cossacks and I've been watching this thread for a couple days (since it was started) to see if anyone else had any further information. I didn't want to have to file an official support ticket because the issue itself is intermittent and I hoped it would resolve itself, but unfortunately it hasn't.

I am constantly getting errors in Firefox telling me that "The connection to the server was reset while connecting." This will last anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes at a time, and can be as many as 4 to 5 times a day (for myself, not to mention anyone trying to access my site).

I don't run an extensive webpage. Nothing script heavy. The largest script I have is a 25 KB PHP file, which does reference itself, but at last count is being actively used by about 5 people. Even if the 5 of us accessed the page 3 times a day it would still only total up to about 2 MB of usage. If we shot for 10 times a day per person that would still only be ~6 MB / day.

I understand completely the theory of "you get what you pay for." And I know this isn't "official support." But I would like to know 1) what can I do about this and 2) what is x10 going to do about this?

If the issue is still going on by this time next week I'll just submit an official support ticket. Unless anyone thinks I should just submit it now...

plmgroup

Reaction score
I would go ahead and file a support ticket. I do so, but nothing at all has been done in 5 days. Maybe if enough people file one, they'll do something.

I certainly dont wanna be a "rebel rouser", but really, something has to be done. And again, I understand it's free, but the uptime is WAY below other free hosts. I mean, x10's donwtime is among the worst I've ever seen from any free host. I am a web designer by trade and have set up many free hosts for clients and have yet to see downtime like this. Even for free, it's not acceptable.

I hope they see these posts and will do something. Like I said, I really dont wanna move my client because I really like x10... if they would just get this resolved. It's obvious that this isn't normal. And I too am running very, very small scripts, nothing even close to causing a timeout or putting a strain. I've actually hosted clients sites with online stores from my business temporarily, with no downtime like this... and that's on a simple 8mb cable connection.

No, I wouldn't wait. If it doesn't get better, they'll lose customers. I dont wanna be one of them, but I gotta have reliability.

Good luck!

Reaction score
As someone above already said, this is community support and normal users cannot help you here. If you want higher staff/admins to look at your account then submit a ticket at the OFFICIAL support area.

As for reliablilty, all FREE hosts aren't always reliable. When you have such an open host as x10 who allow a lot of scripts and functions to be used and a lot of account registrations who will then actually abuse the system - that will lead to downtime for other people on that server, those who have access to reset the server will do so as, and when they can. If you're looking for reliability I suggest you stop being "tight" and PAY for hosting (whether it be here or elsewhere). The paid servers here are fine, I've been on them for around 3 weeks now, and not had any downtime.

I will close this thread because as far as support goes, nothing more can be done to help you in this section.

Status
Not open for further replies.