Votes: 44 48.4%
  • Other

Votes: 27 29.7%

• Total voters

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
As of right now vBulletin is the easiest to mod. IPB has turned into crap I used to like it but now it just sucks for me.

theparadesquare

Reaction score
I really like V Bullitein but the price is too high :(
IPB is expensive and i haven't really used it
PhpBB3 is free and good!

alfred

Reaction score
I used to love VB, then all the antzy little errors came to the surface. Now I just use IPB.

satheesh

Reaction score
My vote for vBullitein,
because it have more features than other.So i like it.

Linkz0rs

Reaction score
I'd say vBulletin is the best.
I plan on purchasing it for my website sometime soon, but right now am using YaBB.
YaBB is a pretty good forum software, especially when it comes to security. ;)

I've used phpBB, MyBB, IPB, and some other forum systems (which I forgot what their called lol), but overall like vBulletin the most.

vBulletin is more flexible, and has a lot of neat features.

Jesse

Reaction score
For me im more experienced on IPB since i own and manage some forums running under IPB. Though i would say vBulletin is also good when it comes to easier mod installs.

It's much easier to install plugins on vBulletin unlike IPB.

crew530

Reaction score
well, this is the first v-bulletin forum that I have ever been on, but so far it's kind of confusing but it will probably get less confusing after more times used...

IPB is great with great graphic, easy to use I love it, but I did have one hacked once and made really stupid, and the owners had to fix it somehow o_O

Proboards are easy but kind of cheesy, but good for new users

I LOVE IT when forums are ad free though, most have ads, but any forum without ads is awesome!!!:lol:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Who bumped this from 2007? >_<

Ideally the topic should get re-started, a lot's changed in both IPB and vBulletin since 2007, so the votes already cast should get cleared and restarted (lots of opinions might've changed from one to the other).

idontkno

Reaction score
well its like this

VBulletin - For use by business such as X10Hosting. Looks professional and looks good as well.

IPB - For Professional web designers.

phpBB forums (myBB, punBB) - For fun free, beginner use. Also for use by professionals but tend to be good for the beginners.

vBulletin's ACP is huge. It took me 10 minutes to find the ban option, whereas IPB was much faster.

redivy

Reaction score
vBulletin's ACP is huge. It took me 10 minutes to find the ban option, whereas IPB was much faster.
I agree 100%!

IPB also looks a lot better. It has vBulliten's professionality (If that is a word), and phpBB's looks, making it a nice forum software.

vBulliten is alright. I don't like the way it looks though... At all. They have a lot of features, but still, I prefer IPB.

phpBB has the looks, but not the features. It has a large mod database, though. But, in the end, IPB is the best :biggrin:

Hermoine22

Reaction score
I been using IPB for a long time now, but I really would like to get a VB, there really out there now. There way too expensive though, but they got alot more features and just a more professional side of it. I love IPB as well its easy to use but some features i prefer VB

redivy

Reaction score
I been using IPB for a long time now, but I really would like to get a VB, there really out there now. There way too expensive though, but they got alot more features and just a more professional side of it. I love IPB as well its easy to use but some features i prefer VB

They do in fact have a lot more features. The thing that brings me down is the looks. vBulliten doesn't look good. It's overall system is good, but, I just don't like it. It is some sort of prejudice against it, but, I just don't like it...

IPB has the looks and the system (System doesn't beat vBulliten's though), so, that's why I like it. :D

idontkno

Reaction score
They do in fact have a lot more features. The thing that brings me down is the looks. vBulliten doesn't look good. It's overall system is good, but, I just don't like it. It is some sort of prejudice against it, but, I just don't like it...

IPB has the looks and the system (System doesn't beat vBulliten's though), so, that's why I like it. :D

No, not really. Vanilla vBulletin doesn't have more features than IPB. In fact, if there aren't any vBulletin mods at all, the IPB would be the best. If you count mods, then vBulletin is much more flexible (And is better).

Last edited:

redivy

Reaction score
No, not really. Vanilla vBulletin doesn't have more features than IPB. In fact, if there aren't any vBulletin mods at all, the IPB would be the best. If you count mods, then vBulletin is much more flexible (And is better).

Yes, but you have to face the facts. There are mods. There always will be mods. We aren't dealing with What-If's. But, you are correct. If there were no mods, IPB would be better, for the most part.