Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Mix of tool and manual

Votes: 37 27.0%
  • Mix of Buy and Manual

Votes: 3 2.2%

• Total voters

yo12334

Reaction score
Why waste time in notepad when theres dreamweaver, its like debating driving to work or walking.

Steeevoe

Reaction score
Is DW or whatever that good? Do they do everything?

After using trellian freebie I got put off as it messed the reading of the code up!

I now just google and online page code edit

lawny1

Reaction score
i use notepad++ and write valid css/xhtml markup code from scratch that way i can quickly find bugs in the code

Last edited:

MiguelRuiz

Reaction score
The best way to make a website is making it by yourself, you can always check another pages and everything on the net to get ideas on how to make the design, with a cool Photoshop and Dreamweaver you can make cool pages!
Mike.

frankfriend

Reaction score
I've used notepad, frontpage & dreamweaver. Today I use a mixture of Dreamweaver, own coding, and snippets from other sources. I do prefer to understand the html code generated by the packages, niot just use it.

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I use DW but I still code my sites manually. DW just helps me speed thing up.

I like to use Fireworks instead of Photoshop when I can. It's simple and it mostly does the job. Of course Photoshop is always there for advanced graphics.

Do you pay someone else to do it for you?
I'm a web designer so, NO I don't :)

kryptofire

Reaction score
I made my first (very basic) site using Front Page. Well, it did the job for making a .html page. That was I believe in highschool.

Then come college where we were taught an advance page using .asp codes via DreamWeaver. There I discovered its features and automatically fell in love with it.

Whenever I do a website, I use DW using the design part, but with more functionality, I do the hard coding.

:happysad:

Linkz0rs

Reaction score
I'm kind of a mixed.
I like to use Dreamweaver from time-to-time, as well as manual code.

Dreamweaver is useful when making templates and stuff, but stuff like PHP, in text editing software.

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Dreamweaver is useful when making templates and stuff, but stuff like PHP, in text editing software.

Why on earth would you do that. DW has excellent PHP editor with code highlight, code completion and error detection for debugging.

People you can use DW for hard coding too. It offers many features that can help you code or debug thing much faster.

Linkz0rs

Reaction score
I'm well aware of that...
It's just im the type of guy who prefers to do PHP coding in text editor...
Don't ask why or anything, just how I am lol.

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Oh ... you are THAT kind of guy :)

It's OK then. LOL!

Linkz0rs

Reaction score
Wow... making fun of people cuz of their own differences, and choices...
So sad... -_-'

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
:gtfo2:

I wasn't making fun of anybody so next time try to post something relevant to this topic, please.

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
Dreamweaver helps me focus by being an everything in one too, with FTP and color coded editing in the same window. Even though Dreamweaver has an array of creation tools and is very helpful, it still comes down to manual coding. Dreamweaver is a designers tool, not a designing tool.

Even all that in mind I still go nuts when I have to use cPanel's basic editor when FTP is down (it goes soooo slow) =/

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
Ever since I was little, I always did things on my own, even in programming. I didn't use templates or other peoples' work because I knew that somewhere, someone else would have the same website as me, and I thought my website would be looked down upon. I've made a variety of different websites so far, and all of them have been custom-coded, line by line. I've even made websites for my school, and even though the rest of my school's website uses a WYSIWYG editor, I chose to hard-code mine.

imieiam

Reaction score
I basically use 3 programs to create sites Fireworks, Flash and dreamweaver.

I find that doing designs in Flash is much easier than photoshop, especially for drawing lines with curves using the smoothing effect that flash has.

Fireworks also has some cool features that I use mainly to create web site headers simple buttons etc.

When I'm all done with the designs I use Dreamweaver to put it all together.

As for scripting I'm not all that good at it so I find free scripts online there is plenty of sites that have good free scripts.

coolguy0210

Reaction score
I use webpage maker. it is for newbies. and yeah, i do sometimes code myself, and sometimes, rip others work, and put their names into credit.

haslam1

Reaction score
i use a tool and manual but if im really stuck i go to dynmic drive to give me ideas
i use Dreamweaver
Microsoft Expression web
notepad
IE8's Developer tool
and a few other things

Last edited:

redivy

Reaction score
I pretty much do a lot of the coding myself, but, sometimes I'll use a WYSIWYG editor. :)