Which Forum Software

Kieran G

Reaction score
Which forum software is best in your opinion, I personally prefer PHPBB because it is the easiest to edit(as in templates) in my opinion. vBulletin I have no experience(not enough money either), IPB is also one of my favourites, shame it went paid:rant2:.

Last edited:

FalseHope

Reaction score
vBulletin is my favorite. I've tried SMF PHPBB MYBB and IPB, but vB is by far my most favorite.

dwd2000

Reaction score
phpbb3.
Installs easy. Fairly easy to setup. A little time consuming setting up the forums, but it's free.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
SMF is my favorite Free forum software, as I use it. vBulletin is the best of all of the pay forums for me as it's really customizable and more advanced out of the box.

wolf693

Reaction score
I prefer VB, but it comes at a price... literally.

In my opinion, phpBB is the best. Highly customizable, easy to use (sort of, still some things I'm confused about, but still easy!), overall just really good! Especially with the newer version out!

FalseHope

Reaction score
I find phpBB takes too much time to set up. Too much configuration and what not. Takes the most time out of all the forums I have ever tried.

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
I use PHPBB3. It's easy to use and it's very customisable, but because it's open source, it's very open to hackers...

Jesse

Reaction score
I would prefer vBulletin or IPB. If for free i prefer SMF

F

Fahad

phpBB is a quite good free forum, but vBulletin is the absolute best.

Last edited by a moderator:

David_Tiger

Reaction score
i prefer IPB and SMF, think there the most easiest to setup and use with skins etc

frankfriend

Reaction score
Hi,
What is the 'price' of VB? And what is the ongoing running 'overhead' in terms of maintenance etc.
Is there are good documentation of it?
Best regards

cr103

Reaction score
The forum i use on my site is one i wrote myself, i find that ready made forums are hard to intergrate into my site, and they usually dont carry the same theme as my main site. I prefer to write my own things for my site, i rarely ever use pre-made stuff, because i know whats going on with my site that way, and dont need to go trolling around a bunch of faqs when something goes wrong, because i can sort it out myself.

FalseHope

Reaction score
That's only an opinion, not an actual answer. There is no real way to tell what is actually the "best". As people make new forum software often, there own. Sure vB is a pretty sweet forum software, but to be honest, I wouldn't call it the "best".

Dan

Reaction score
I like vBulletin but you have to pay!! I don't actually need a forum though so I don't mind...

coolv1994

Reaction score
I use the e107 forum because I use e107 but if I had enough money I would get a vBulletin because there professional and easy to edit and customise.

Last edited:

FalseHope

Reaction score
vBulliten is a little too pricey, in my opinion. I have never used e107 are they any good? Do they have many modifications and skins?