Free (Need to create long term, almost permenant team)

Status
Not open for further replies.

taha116

Reaction score
Me and a new friend have setup a site using a free script abandoned not long ago, we have modded bits of it and improved minor and fixed several problems however what we need now is better coders.

Firstly the game is a php browser based game and is no longer in development by its original publisher however the right to edit and mod as we wish has been given to us under the condition that we donot remove the credits.

We plan and have nearly finished creating a mod site, with forums, documentation and a download section however we need coders who are willing to familiarize themselves with the game and its code, this way we will be able to continue its development.

What we are looking for

- basic skills with php
- Knowledge of MYSQL and how to handle it with PHPMYAdmin
- Creativity

Extras that will really pull the project further ahead

- Skills with other languages or software that can be integrated or used with the code of the game to expand its functionality beyond the scope of php (it already has a little of that but not enough)

-Graphic designing skills, logo making skills, designing images for monsters etc.

-Joomla administration skills to handle the development site that will contain downloads, docs and forums

Anything else i forgot will be edited into this post, please post your questions replies here, do not pm me because its kool to ask people not to pm me.

The Game is ready for playing but we want it expanded further, The joomla site is ready, just needs a cleanup and needs to be moved to a new server because we were first testing how well joomla would work for us.

EDIT

The team also requires a certain amount of dedication so not appearing for like 3 days and not telling anyone you wont be available will cause us to not like you, not appearing for longer times without telling us may cause us to assume you died. Unless you have something like highschool exams like i do in 3 weeks we really would appreciate a heads up

Last edited:

botbg

Reaction score
Are you expecting people to help you develop a game for free?

taha116

Reaction score
Not in the way your thinking. Itl be more like everyone has thier share in the project so once its setup completely (witch it already is,because its a software made by some1 else and ive just modded it since its abandoned and he said im allowed, i just need people to come up with more stuff to tweak it and add more functionality)

People who would be working on the project like i said would have thier own share, this would include things like ad revenue.

Here is my Alpha of the site

http://koc.x10hosting.com

I have my other domain registered dragonscourge.co.cc but its not pointed here yet, not until im done with the project.

I will be installing SMF forums, and would like some one to see if the can attempt integration with the game as well.

(I also have a friend who is willing to eventually migrate the site to his reseler account and give me unlimited resources)

Read the homepage of the site for detials on how people with less/almost nil coding experience can help
Edit:
Buy the way we need security testers, and hackers who can test out the site and give up heads up on loopholes and how to fix them

Last edited:

botbg

Reaction score
I could probably integrate the game & the forums, but are the users password for the game encrypted in anyway?

Contact me @ mattdrainbamage[[at]]gmail.com

taha116

Reaction score
Well, Im sure they are encrypted as it was a script in development for a while with all known issues solved to date, it had alot of people working on mods until the guy who made it decided to suspend the project, most likely he said to me personally and also speratley publicly forever.

I dont mind giving you acess to the source code at the moment so you can see for yourself.

Presonaly i dont know much about php, just know how to perform manual edits following instructions, thats why i need a team, to keep the project alive and carry it on. I found someone else who is supposedly good with graphics and will help me spice up the homepage hopefully.

Currently this is how the site works

Homepage -> Click Play -> Render browser page (Redirects you to a page depending on what your browser is) -> Page with iframe has the game

Im going to be using a more powerful code for the browser detection thing as soon as i get the time until then it will let you pick between a IE optimized page and a Firefox Optimized page.

I am also try to not use SMF as ive sorta gotten bored of it and found something new and powerful

Advanced Electron Forums, they really are awesome, thats what i think i will use

jrobert755

Reaction score
i would like to help as well. the current problem now is that no one can get registration emails. your hosting account has basic php, and mail() is forbidden.

taha116

Reaction score
Ive just gotten dragonscourge.net link to improve the professional look of the site and will need to change things accordingly, wont take long, thank god, only like 15 minutes, but tomoro and also will need to change logo, darnit

taha116

Reaction score
Alright youve both been invited to a social group that is only for people who will be working on the game, Please accept and read a post i made there for further instructions

Anyone else?

remember I really want php coders and people who can use it well with mysql

Graphic editors would also be nice

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.