Newbie!(public_html????)

xronis7

Reaction score
Hi again!Can anyone explain to me what exactly is the public_html folder and what i am supposed to upload there?

For example i want to upload a java applet that i made in my website..How can i do that?I will upload the .class files in public_html folder or what?:dunno:

zubair12

Banned
Reaction score
in public_html folder you can upload .htm .html .php .asp .aspx etc files. .class is not correct extension.

botbg

Reaction score
Yeah, just upload your whole site to public_html

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
.class is not correct extension.
No, .class is a valid extension. It is used in Java.

For example i want to upload a java applet that i made in my website..How can i do that?I will upload the .class files in public_html folder or what?:dunno:
Based off the (insufficient) Java knowledge I have, I'm pretty sure that you need the .java file in addition to the .class file. I'm not sure which one you use to embed, you might be able to receive more help by posting in the Programming Help section: http://forums.x10hosting.com/programming-help/

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Welcome to x10 xronis7! .class files are Java files, and all of your files go into public_html. You can use the public_ftp for transferring files via the FTP protocol instead of the HTTP protocol should you be asking about that.

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
No, .class is a valid extension. It is used in Java.

Based off the (insufficient) Java knowledge I have, I'm pretty sure that you need the .java file in addition to the .class file. I'm not sure which one you use to embed, you might be able to receive more help by posting in the Programming Help section: http://forums.x10hosting.com/programming-help/
Yes the .class file is a valid java extension. No, the .java file is not required. The java file is just the source code, while the .class file is the compiled, executable, java code. The server would need to have a java compiler installed on it to use a .java file. And I'm pretty sure Corey hasn't installed the JDK on his hosting servers!;)

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
Yes the .class file is a valid java extension. No, the .java file is not required. The java file is just the source code, while the .class file is the compiled, executable, java code. The server would need to have a java compiler installed on it to use a .java file. And I'm pretty sure Corey hasn't installed the JDK on his hosting servers!;)
lol That sounds more right than what I said. The only experience I have with Java compiling and real-world applications is a few projects from AP Computer Science class.

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
lol That sounds more right than what I said. The only experience I have with Java compiling and real-world applications is a few projects from AP Computer Science class.
Hehe, you have more experience with java then than I do.All my experience is with the software setup, and the way java works but not with actual java coding.