add my site in google

zen-r

Reaction score
Improving it's actual position in the search results list is another matter though.

For that, you need to work on all sorts of things like back-links, having a sitemap, good content & keywords etc.

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Yeah, what Smith said to do is the easy part. What zener pointed out is the hard part.
Here's the model I'm following in my attempt to create pages that rank high on google: http://action-guide.sitesell.com/
It's been working fine so far, in less than 6 months from my site creation, google and yahoo are sending me over 30 unique visitors a day. And that number is going up month by month.

zen-r

Reaction score
I've found that this site gives a comprehensive guide to what's involved in search engine submission, optimisation etc; Searchenginewatch.com

Last edited:

relisys

Reaction score
Ok well this all depends on what type of site you have, is it niche? does it sell stuff ect,

google tends to index unique content and regularly updated stuff as well, and yes they also include websites that are popular,

what thing you really need to learn with google is its unpredictable, 1 day you can be first position on every keyword, and then next day you can be on 6 10 page, google mainly update there seo every 10 hours,

so some check points you need to cover!

1, make sure you content isn't copied from other websites,

2, your website needs to be informational give something to the users what they might like,

3, always up date your content every 2 - 3 days, google should crawl your website like a rash.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Site maps are in fact wonderful things. They help out the crawlers as well as the users find the content easier. They're not too hard to make if you know the layout of your site inside and out.

jajnas

Reaction score
You don't actually need to add your site to google. Google searches for sites when they follow links, so that's one way.

But you can also add your site to google by hand. If you do that, you are minimalizing the risk of not being explored by the google search bot.
I don't know exactly where you can add it, but make a search like "site:google.com add site" in the search-field on google:dunno:.

If you want better positions in google, for exemple, you need to have better and more useful content, the most important keywords (which are found in your site very easily) in the headers and so on. Google also looks at all the sites linking to your. If many sites link back to you, your chance of a higher rank in the searches is increasing.
You can search for all sites who are linking to you by using the "link:" search in google. Just type "link:yoursite.com" in the search field, and you'll have all the sites linking to you there :)

Last edited:

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
How to get to better positions on Google?

Keep your site updated and have unique content that people may be looking for. It's that simple, but as stated above, Google is unpredictable.