pls rate my site

lorraine26

Reaction score
i'm a newbie, pls rate my site http://lorraine.exofire.net

write comments on my site.

this is valid xhtml/css before but when i put a flash object in it, not valid anymore..
:-(

how can i insert flash object without having problem with the validity of xhtml/css?

thanks.

relisys

Reaction score
yes your website looks very presentable, but some tghings you need to change like:

Welcome to Lorraine's website!

Make it bold with a different colour,

and also your article underneath that you need to change the colure of the text,

but apart from that it really does look nice

freecrm

Reaction score
Pretty slick - like it!

Runs consistently cross-browser as well, even in IE6!

IMHO, I felt that the page was a littel busy due to the quantity of elements in it - but on the other hand, it may make it look more exciting to others....

One thing that could be improved is a (topheader li a:hover) attribute to your links, carrying an inverted colour jpg as a background url image.

frankfriend

Reaction score
Congratulations, this is a great looking site with really good design, and colour choice.

The excellent use of the white background for the text , with really good typography is very unusual in a 'first site'. The use of css for positioning is very good - I will be studying what you have done.

Well done. I look forward to your developments!

taha116

Reaction score
Nice job but some links are broken, but i guess that's cuz its still under-construction

wengalaxy

Reaction score
Looks pretty good IMO. Maybe a bit like some templates I've seen somewhere, but still good. ;)

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I hate to see design as beautiful as this ruined by bad layout (especially text) organization. I mean graphics are excellent, typography is pretty good but page content looks disorganized

Another thing is that dashed bordered box on your home page that says "This website is under construction. " Instead of making borders like that you should make it's background slightly (but rally slightly) darker. That will certainly make it look much better. Also try to stretch it's width to fit the with of the column.

I don't like that gray background. Your header and overall design looks colorful and happy witch don't add up with boring gray background you decided to use.

kkenny

Reaction score
Fix it up so it's actually XHTML 1.0 Compliant lol! ;P
It looks really nice, only thing that I didn't like was the loading time, but that's cause I have dial-up internet... jk I just have really slow internet. Keep up the good work!

lorraine26

Reaction score
to wengalaxy, this is not a template. i made this by hand on my own.

TO others, thanks for your comments!
Edit:
Thanks leviathon! I will try to change the look of my site based on your comments ! thank you
Edit:
my site is handcoded..from psd to xhtml/css!
yepeeeeeeeeee! this is not a downloaded template, you can check my psd file. Thanks!
I'm just happy playing with css!

Last edited:

lorraine26

Reaction score
thanks tomtom499! I've already updated my site and it's already fixed the flash object without having problem with its XHTML/CSS validity!!! yepeeeeee!

but i god 2 warnings....dunno yet how to fix this...