Cannot Access X10Hosting at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandyzoo

Reaction score
Hi there,

I am no longer able to log in to my X10Hosting account at all.
I can log into the forum and the support system though. Have I been suspended or deleted, or is this just part of the ongoing server change?

The problem is NOT htat I can't access cPanel - it is that I can't log into my account AT ALL.

Paul

sandyzoo

Reaction score
Thank you I will.
I didn't want to open one, as I know how busy they all are, and how annoyed they get with people opeining ticekts needlessly!

I'll get it done now.

Paul

zen-r

Reaction score
Yes - I was on Starka.

Well in that case I'd imagine you're better off waiting a bit than contacting Support (who have been flooded with tickets). Try your site/account again later.

Judging by the thread I linked to above, the transfers for that server may still be taking place. :)

Last edited:

xnoddyx

Reaction score
hi all

Well in that case I'd imagine you're better off waiting a bit than contacting Support (who have been flooded with tickets). Try your site/account again later.

Judging by the thread I linked to above, the transfers for that server may still be taking place. :)

Corey
Administrator
Re: Latest Updates 6/18/09
I will be closing all support tickets because of some people opening between 5-10 each and people just opening tickets that have not read the news.

Also, if your site is not working as of this post please open a ticket.

If you still have an issue please re-open your ticket that was closed. Do not open multiple tickets or bump them....

sandyzoo

Reaction score
Yes... I must say... and this is not a criticism of anyone...just an observation... but it is quite difficult I think to establish when to log a support ticket and when to be patient. It feels like you could easily get a reputation for being impatient... when you only really want to know what;s going on.

We all understand that this is *Free* hosting.. and I for one am really grateful for that... but it would be nice if posters were more upfront in some comments. By advising to "Search" or look at particular threads implies that you haven't done so already, and that you are being unreasonable or impatient. I am neither of those.... just confused.

If I am best advised to leave it for a week or so.... I'd like to be told.. and belive it or not I would be totally happy to do so.. but I am getting the impression each day that tomorrow everything might be fine... and if it isn't to log a support ticket.

THis sounds like a complaint,,, but I am actually just try to let some of the more senior, more experienced or more informed members of the forum understand how confusing all this can be for newbies.

Paul

zen-r

Reaction score
The fact is, most people asking for help here haven't bothered to search the forum before-hand. We don't know if you've looked unless you tell us you have - so we give that advice to search & read the given links, anyway.

Giving the links to the Updates threads helps not only you, if you haven't read them yet (& you didn't say you've read them) - it also helps anyone else reading this thread who is looking for answers.

You ask to be given advice on exact time periods. Why? We know the same as you, from the same sources of info in this forum. There are no exact times. It's a judgement call.

Personally, if you sought info from the forums (which you have) & you've waited a while to see if the problem cures itself (which you have) & the problem is still there, then I would go ahead & submit a ticket. No-one's going to shoot you for it. :)

Last edited:

sandyzoo

Reaction score
Zen-r,

Fair enough. perhaps I could have mentioned that I had read the news section.. but I am fairly (or very) new to x10 and had no way of knowing that most people dont do so.

To quote you "You ask to be given advice on exact time periods. Why? We know the same as you,.."

1) I really did NOT ask for EXACT timescale. In any language "a week or so" is a rough timescale at best. I'm not looking for a fight... just a little bit of advice.
2) "Why?" Surely that is obvious
3) "We know the same as you.." I accept that... but didn't know it until you said so. I didn't know that nobody had any idea how long this might take. I am only asking for a guess. Is that really too much to ask on a community forum? It is the judgement call that you refer to that I am seeking advice on.

I seem to have offended... when I was only expressing how I have found this forum so far. I am not trying to be offensive... nor the dreaded "rude or impatient". I am actually a really patient guy believe it or not!! It is just a sort of poo-pooing of people's concerns here that baffles me.

Like I said.. I appreciate that it is free hosting, and we are not "valued" customers.

zen-r

Reaction score
Don't worry sandyzoo. No offence intended or taken. Just trying to sort things out here.

Good luck with your ticket. :)

sandyzoo

Reaction score
Thank you!

I raised a ticket, and got a swift response... advising patience.
No probs... I will heed that advice. :cool:

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.