Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Techno

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Other

Votes: 10 34.5%

• Total voters

the_site

Reaction score
Hello fellow x10-ers, I am just wondering what type of music are you interested in. In addition, post what genre of music you like that I didn't put on the poll, or to make this even better.... Post your favorite band. :biggrin:

My turn:

I like Techno for sure, to be specific Hardstyle.
It is great music to code and make websites

I like a group called the HeadHunterz

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm really diggin The Dear Hunter right now. Awesome group. Harvey Danger is always good. Local H, Pink Floyd, The Mars Volta, and The Receiving End of Sirens are on my list. I can't forget orchestral music either.

I think I'm the definition of "other" :biggrin:

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Finally somebody want to talk about music :)

But I don't know what to say. I listen ... everything ... really everything I like (and I like a lot of stuff). I can just point out some of my favorites but they are all from different genres of music.

My best musician of all times is definitely Mike Oldfield. No doubt about it.

Here's a list ordered by whatever came to my mind first :)
Beethoven, Brahms, Michael Jackson, Astral Projection, Shakta (Sebastian Taylor), DJ Ex:L, Cradle of Filth, Children of Bodom, Billy Idol, Duke Ellington, Enya, ...

And of course Juno Reactor

As you can see there's no simple answer to your question :biggrin:

Last edited:

jmcgowan

Reaction score
I tend to stick to Christian rock bands. Specifically I'm curious to hear the latest from Newsboys, because they just swapped out lead singers.

antiquitas

Reaction score
You don't have Symphonic Rock. That, good sir, is a misappropriation of domestic representation. I object and am horrified that such blatant disregard for a highly unpopularized and very seldom heard sub genre of power metal, or metal for that matter, was not even represented. Think of the CHILDREN!!!

Seriously though, I've been favoring Kamelot lately. I listen to a lot of different types of music ranging from Enya to Korn. I'll listen to Enigma with one breath and thrash with Lordi the next. Shoot, I'll sit on the porch drinking a nice cool glass of Corte Aun Blanche whilst listening to the Gypsy Kings, and then pound a 2 Liter bottle of Mountan Dew while enjoying the smooth hits of Lonely Island.

All in all, my favorite style is definately going to be Symphonic Power Metal. Oh well.

the_site

Reaction score
Finally somebody want to talk about music :)

But I don't know what to say. I listen ... everything ... really everything I like (and I like a lot of stuff). I can just point out some of my favorites but they are all from different genres of music.

My best musician of all times is definitely Mike Oldfield. No doubt about it.

Here's a list ordered by whatever came to my mind first :)
Beethoven, Brahms, Michael Jackson, Astral Projection, Shakta (Sebastian Taylor), DJ Ex:L, Cradle of Filth, Children of Bodom, Billy Idol, Duke Ellington, Enya, ...

And of course Juno Reactor

As you can see there's no simple answer to your question :biggrin:

Somebody had to talk about music, I thought hey, why not :biggrin: I figured a lot of people would like to converse what genres intrigues them.

You don't have Symphonic Rock. That, good sir, is a misappropriation of domestic representation. I object and am horrified that such blatant disregard for a highly unpopularized and very seldom heard sub genre of power metal, or metal for that matter, was not even represented. Think of the CHILDREN!!!

Seriously though, I've been favoring Kamelot lately. I listen to a lot of different types of music ranging from Enya to Korn. I'll listen to Enigma with one breath and thrash with Lordi the next. Shoot, I'll sit on the porch drinking a nice cool glass of Corte Aun Blanche whilst listening to the Gypsy Kings, and then pound a 2 Liter bottle of Mountan Dew while enjoying the smooth hits of Lonely Island.

All in all, my favorite style is definately going to be Symphonic Power Metal. Oh well.

I favor techno, because techno is what I listen to the most from sun up until sun down. I know what you are getting that you listen to a whole wide range of genre :D Good description on how you listen to Enya, which is soothing, to Korn, that is widely different from her. Same as Enigma and Lordi.

Good Post, I respect that and I am hoping that more people pick techno or any sub-genres

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
I can't lie, I do have a fondness for Japanese screamo at times. Is that crazy enough for you :p

I don't speak Japanese either, FYI.

tonyopen

Reaction score
Definately reggae - Lee Scratch Perry, Burning Spear and Gregory Isaacs are favourites. Also anything and everything on the On-U Sound label.

Hue Kares

Reaction score
'Other' for me too. Currently listening to the Ink Spots (thanks to them featuring in Fallout3 and Bioshock); A Doors album I forgot to buy years ago; Tim Buckley and the latest from The Eels.

A friend recently pointed me to spotify.com. This software gives you free access to a huge library of complete albums, supported by the major labels (ie, guilt-free and legal). Some major artists are not available (yet, they say) like The Beatles; but perhaps most folks already own their entire catalogue anyway. There's alway's a price to pay, in this case you must put up with adverts and you need to register.

lhyman

Reaction score
Other is winning, but exactly what is other?

Maybe it's time to make a new poll and ad more chooices...

the_site

Reaction score
Other is winning, but exactly what is other?

Maybe it's time to make a new poll and ad more chooices...

Maximum is ten, So I tried to put at least Rock, Rap, Metal, Techno, and etc. Around the main wave of music favorites.
Edit:
I also didnt really include Punk, Ska... Sorry for the people who like Operation Ivy, The Sex Pistols, NOFX. I am kind of surprised I didnt add Punk to the Poll

Last edited:

lhyman

Reaction score
Maximum is ten, So I tried to put at least Rock, Rap, Metal, Techno, and etc. Around the main wave of music favorites.
Edit:
I also didnt really include Punk, Ska... Sorry for the people who like Operation Ivy, The Sex Pistols, NOFX. I am kind of surprised I didnt add Punk to the Poll

so why don't you do a second poll called other music... they way we could respond...

PS: I think ROCK and CLASSIC ROCK should be two different categories

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
I don't think you could cover every genre. There are probably over a hundred if you get really picky.

loveispoison

Banned
Reaction score
hmmmm

i like rock+heavy metal but sometime i like all other types it depends on my mode;)

mostly it is heavy metal and rock:thefinger

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
I like rock, the harder types but not screamo. Since heavy metal is usually classified as such, I chose rock, though I am no fan of soft rock. I also like some alternative rock, some weird things available in that genre.

I am a fan of System of the Down, Avenged Seven Fold, Sum 41, ect.

(excluding some songs of course)

the_site

Reaction score
Awesome choices all, thats why I put the choice of other... bc we can all talk about what kind of music we like :D

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I pick rock as well. It's my favorite genre, however it's not all that I listen to. I listen to everything from rap to folk. The only thing I really can't stand is country.

Usually when I listen to music I play Rage Against the Machine, Tool or A Perfect Circle.

loveispoison

Banned
Reaction score
I like rock, the harder types but not screamo. Since heavy metal is usually classified as such, I chose rock, though I am no fan of soft rock. I also like some alternative rock, some weird things available in that genre.

I am a fan of System of the Down, Avenged Seven Fold, Sum 41, ect.

(excluding some songs of course)

im a big fan of avenged seven fold iswell they rock man there is something about them just makes you feel good:biggrin: