Setting up an account with a custom domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

remura

Reaction score
Okay, everybody:

I'm trying to set up a website for my non-profit here. We have a domain name, and we have our DNS all set up so that we can use Google Apps and some other verification stuff so that we can receive SMS messages and the like on email addresses connected to it. So, I'd like to continue using our name servers we have.

I can set "A" records or CNAME records . . . w/e. So what should they be for X10 so that I don't end up seeing the screen that you can see http://216.245.205.67/ there.

I'm on the Chopin server.

Thanks!

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
in your cPanel you should have information about the shared IP for your server (in he left side information panel), that is what you need to put in for A record.

CNAME is only possible if you have the domain set as addon or park, in other words still have an active usable x10hosting sub domain.

DizzyTechnology

Reaction score
I've put in the Chopin IP for all of my A records (www, *, and nothing) but I still get the "Great Success!" page. I've had this domain configured to my account (in other words, no subdomain) for over two years. What should I do to get my site accessible again, or what should I change so I can get CNAME even while using x10's nameservers?

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Every time I've setup a new domain, I've used the nameserver option instead of CNAME. It's much easier to setup.

ns1.x10hosting.com
ns2.x10hosting.com

DizzyTechnology

Reaction score
Yes, I know how to do that. :-D And I'd love to if I didn't have to use CNAME and A records (I know I can do MX through cPanel) to use my Google Apps and Tumblr.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
CNAME is great, but not when you have to submit a support ticket for the staff to do this manually for you, since it's a pain for you and for them :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.