Chopin/Stoli Updates Discussion

briapv

Reaction score
Happy to know that you are hard to get the server fast and try to get them 99% uptime;) Thank's Corey

Last edited by a moderator:

wildstar

Reaction score
Hello. Currently I am not getting my index.html file loading up as I have a co.cc domain doing a redirect to my website here.

I suspect that the updating is causing this issue.

EDIT: It appears to be back up now.

Last edited:

wildstar

Reaction score
Well... as long as the updates aren't taking too long.
Wonder if there is a mirror kind of thing so if server is down for an update, the mirror would take control once synchronized and when update is complete on the primary server, then the primary is synchronized and then regain control. Leaving a very small if at all noticable downtime.

Just a thought? I probably would not have noticed this if I happened to not be busy doing some prep work and looking at my website.

:)

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
Not happy to know that my sites uptime has gone to crap.

So it's been about a day since you joined x10Hosting Forums, and you've made a strong first impression. Just about everywhere you post, you've kept a steady image - one of rudeness, inconsideration, and disrespect.

If you think your site's uptime is crap, then go ahead and try another web host; I'm sure you'll find out for yourself what real crap is when it comes to website hosting. If you want better uptime at x10Hosting, switched to a paid server for guaranteed 99.9% uptime.

lhyman

Reaction score
Well at least the stoli SMTP is working now, however HTTP is not.

I guess we have to wait for the updated to be finished.

Thanks, for updating the servers, I hope all goes well.

I heard that when you upgrade a Linux server, you have to re-build the whole server and this can take a bit of time if you have a lot of things to install.

So I hope everything goes well !

zapzack

Reaction score
I'm sorry, we'll never update the servers to keep you happy :)

Sure you will :p

So it's been about a day since you joined x10Hosting Forums, and you've made a strong first impression. Just about everywhere you post, you've kept a steady image - one of rudeness, inconsideration, and disrespect.

If you think your site's uptime is crap, then go ahead and try another web host; I'm sure you'll find out for yourself what real crap is when it comes to website hosting. If you want better uptime at x10Hosting, switched to a paid server for guaranteed 99.9% uptime.

My sites uptime has been horrible the last couple of weeks so I switched here hoping to resolve it.. Hopefully once Corey fixes Apache (Yes, It's recompiled, but it failed to start).. My site's uptime will improve.. I would like to note that I am a very sarcastic person.. Most of my comments do contain sarcasm..

Well at least the stoli SMTP is working now, however HTTP is not.

I guess we have to wait for the updated to be finished.

Thanks, for updating the servers, I hope all goes well.

I heard that when you upgrade a Linux server, you have to re-build the whole server and this can take a bit of time if you have a lot of things to install.

So I hope everything goes well !

The update is finished according to his post, but Apache isn't currently starting after the recompile.. (At least on Stoli)

Last edited:

briapv

Reaction score
Seems this configuration works fine i dont get out of time messages from firefox

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
All maintenance has been completed unless I think of more things to break. Because of everything we have been doing lately we're behind on suspensions\terminations so we're catching up and running them double time. This may cause some problems but it's the only way we're going to catch up :). We should be caught up by the end of today. Then it's smooth sailing?

-Corey

xnoddyx1

Reaction score
I'm sorry, we'll never update the servers to keep you happy :)

Hi Corey I can't tell if you are joking or not :dunno: i hope you are just joking :eek4:
1 more ? How often do you change the HDD on the servers just my curostie

Last edited:

vol7ron

Reaction score
Hi Corey I can't tell if you are joking or not :dunno: i hope you are just joking :eek4:
1 more ? How often do you change the HDD on the servers just my curostie

Are you foreign? Of course he was "joking" - he being sarcastic. He was implying that updating the servers to make everybody's site better is more important than just your account. Additionally, if he never updated the servers, the hardware would not be adequate to meet the users' demands.

xnoddyx1

Reaction score
Are you foreign? Of course he was "joking" - he being sarcastic. He was implying that updating the servers to make everybody's site better is more important than just your account. Additionally, if he never updated the servers, the hardware would not be adequate to meet the users' demands.

"Are you foreign?" no im from UK/Scotland well du i know he was joking i hope all American sense of humor is not the same as yours lol:lol:
now this is funiy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fB0JdVzMTIY

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
We're almost at 100% uptime for the past 24 hours for all free servers. For the past week they are all above 98%. :)

There are still some small issues we're working out solutions to but the major stuff has been completed. We change hardware roughly once a year, sometimes twice. The free server hard drives take quite a beating and in doing this we usually get better hardware and avoid drives failing.

-Corey

zapzack

Reaction score
When are you going to update phpmyadmin on the lotus server.

It updates when cPanel updates it.. cPanel usually delays updates on 3rd Party software due to compatibility issues that may arise. If there is a cPanel update available that contains an updated phpmyadmin (I don't know), I'm sure it will be applied soon.