<br> tag in bbcode

agroup

Reaction score
How to use <br> tag in the bbcode
or how to add the line breaker in the bbcode?

i have tried to add the [br] as the <br> tag in bb code but it didnt work

zapzack

Reaction score
There is no br... you press enter.. like you managed to do in your post and in your signature..

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
zapzack: did you type that with a straight face?

agroup: didn't you notice the new lines you were putting in the message?

Scoochi2

Reaction score
...unless you're making your own bbcode parser and want to convert the input to HTML.

In which case you'll need to replace the line feed+carriage return characters with <br>. For example: in PHP these would be the sequences "\n" and "\r". That isn't a particularly good example though. Because if you are using PHP, use the built in nl2br() function.

agroup

Reaction score
Scoohi2 caught my point of view
i was asking it for my glitter bbcode script.though i can use space in the code but it will not look bettr when we place it on the forum.

Therefor i was asking for line breaker

@ zapzack & sharky

i am not asking to add the new line in the post or sig.
i was asking for the line breaker bbcode which can be use in the any script which generate the bb codes

i have tried html to bbcode changer but it always generate a new line for the <br> code don't give any bbcode for this tag

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
All bbcode converters use paragraphs (<p> </p>), or if you modify the php code simply add a <br /> character when a certain set of characters are encountered, for instance, two spaces at the end of a line.

Last edited:

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
Please take a look at the dates of the thread before posting, this thread was dead for over a year and the original thread starter hasn't been online for a few months either.