Newbie...critique welcome!

jbudinich

Reaction score
Figured I would make a webpage to facilitate renting out a small apartment building I manage.

I guess it's done (sans pictures)

1st webpage I've done, suggestions are more than welcome.

Thanks in advance

http://www.theparkridge.info

splotch

Reaction score
It's not bad for a first time. A couple of things that leapt out to me first:

Although your main nav bar links to feedback2.php instead, your footer links to feedback.html on which the textarea is not closed properly. ;)
For furture reference I would suggest using CSS for layout purposes rather than tables as it not only makes your site more accessible but also easier to edit layout in the future.

tittat

Reaction score
You have no any text in your site.Why you are having text written on images?? It will be a waste of BandWidth and more over its not search engine friendly.
Good Luck :)

Arkonsys

Reaction score
I like the stuff you have on the site.
You must write text on your site (text that can be read by crowlers), not write it on photos because google wont have what to index in the search engine.

freecrm

Reaction score
Looks OK, but as tittat says, this site cannot be read by Search Engines.

When a search engine crawls a site, it can only pick up textual content. To get a better idea, go to "view source" when browsing your page and you'll see what the search bots see.

Using images instead of text does give you more versatility woth fonts and graphics, but the fine detail is lost when converting to jpg, and as tittat also says, its a waste of bandwidth.

Dump the table design and use divs and css.. like splotch suggests..

Hmm - didn't really add anything of my own here lol

Last edited:

LuciFerAngel

Reaction score
looks nice and simple but u have to add some text , it looks like a an image page not a website , just replace the images with text it would look better and friendly to search engine , since everyone is caring about how to make their websites friendly to search engines , good luck