Help with my site

coachdavis

Reaction score
Hi, my name is Mike and I am looking for some help.
I am a little better then a beginner, but I have been using Dreamweaver for my site.
Most of the sites I have used asks for a index.html. That is the starting page for the website. I had it done here, but it only shows the file under the Index of/ and my assets directory. If I click on it, it comes up. I am guessing I am using the incorrect name or maybe it has to be php. Not sure.
I want to get this site up for the Hurricane PeeWee football team quickly. I have pics to add from the game today.
Can anybody help me?

thx

Mike :happysad:

totalmockery

Reaction score
Hi Mike,
The default path for your websites main directory is set to "public access" or along those lines. (Chopin seems to be down at the moment so I can't remember the exact name).

Place your index.html file into that directory, along with all of your files and it should work fine. I had this same issue when I first started.

Hope this helps.

Joel

eyemdee

Reaction score
Hi Mike,

Yes, all your site files including index.htm or index.html need to be in your public_html folder.

Hope this helps, Ian

coachdavis

Reaction score
Oh, so I must make that folder and put everything in it I think.

That makes sense. :lockd:

Let me give that a try.

thx

Mike
Edit:
It looks like the site doesn't update. I can only see the folders and the old files I put on are still there. What gives?

thx

Mike

Last edited:

coachdavis

Reaction score
Clear my internet cache.

How do I do that. Is that done in dreamweaver?

thx

Mike:mad:
Edit:
Yep, I did that cleared the internet cache and still the same files on the site are there. Nothing has changed :(

Last edited:

zen-r

Reaction score
What's your site address, so that we can see it for ourselves to find out what the problem might be?

& What site pages are you hoping to see in there, rather than the ones you expect that we will see?

By the way, if you want more people to find this thread, it shouldn't be in the Intro's section.

(Perhaps a Mod can please move it to the Community Support section?)

Last edited:

coachdavis

Reaction score
Hi Zen-R

I need some 1's and 0's. ;)

I took your advise and started another thread on the support side.

When I do go to my site, I didn't have the public_html.

I wonder if X10 needs to wipe it out and start over again.

Hmm.

thx

Mike