Your Site's Longest Downtime with X10?

arenacreative

Reaction score
I just noticed my site is down right now - kind of annoying, a little scary since it's for business purposes. It's been a good 15 minutes that the server has not been responding so far (at least from when I last noticed). What's the longest you guys have had to wait?

www.arenacreative.com

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Is this common? My pc's are clean. What the heck do I do now?

Is this effecting just me, or many other sites hosted on this same x10 server as well?

It's all on the server. A DDoS attack is when someone uses 1000's of computers to connect to the server 1000's of time every seconds. Imagine 20 fat ppl trying to get trough one door at the same time

arenacreative

Reaction score
Ah, I gotcha. Nice analogy ;) LOL I hate when that happens to me when I'm trying to get into Wendys and the tour bus from the Biggest Loser convention stops by.
Edit:
Still nothing.

Last edited:

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
@mods have you considered installing something to prevent this in the future? I hear this is supposedly very good at stopping these attacks.

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Ooops. I missed that little detail.

Isn't there some equivalent for linux?

ltmoon

Reaction score
My sites have been down for most of today.
There have recently been other outages over the past month.

x10 has stated today that they are experiencing a Ddos attack.
However, many hosting services often cite "ddos attacks" as reasons for host service down-time, whether or not that is the real cause.

At this time I am willing to accept the "ddos" reason from x10hosting,
but if this continues to be their explanation for service outages I will
none-the-less have to re-evaluate this relationship.

zen-r

Reaction score

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I've experienced almost no downtime here :O

lhyman

Reaction score
About 5 min for the web site and about 4 days for SMTP, but, I found out later that they rebuilt the whole server !!!

Man, these guys are great, they are always updating everything !!!

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
With x10Hosting, I'd have to say my site was down for no more than 4 days at one time. That was back last year when there was tons of server work going on as well as problems. In a more recent scope, probably no more than an hour.

changc

Reaction score
3 or 4 days during the latest big move. I actually signed up right in the middle of it hahaha. But now my uptime is great.

arenacreative

Reaction score
Thanks to the team for getting us back up and running. How often does this type of stuff usually happen? I've only been hosted here for about a week. No web host is really susceptible from it from what I've read.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
We get attacks quite frequently but most are easily negated and we generally don't announce them to avoid giving credit or antagonizing people who may be responsible. When nothing is affected they usually stop after a few hours and move on. I believe a lot of people think we run everything from a single server or a VPS and think it would be easy to bring us down. A likely cause is the amount of people we suspend on a daily basis for breaking the rules, mostly for warez.

I'd say maybe one every few months actually causes an issue if that, someone has to have a fairly large botnet to take one of the servers out and generally we can recover quickly.

To ltmoon: I'm sick of your attitude around the forums, I could care less whether you believe us or not. If I continue to see this negative attitude from you, I will re-evaluate the relationship and you won't be here anymore. ;)

-Corey

azntechguy

Reaction score
The longest downtime I've ever had with X10 is about 3 to 4 days (as a poster said above).

In the earlier days of X10, downtime was rather common, but it's been improving (quite dramatically for the better) in that respect.