Help! I'm stuck to my toilet seat!

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
A man in Australia had an embarrassing experience when he went to a public bathroom in a shopping mall one day and found himself stuck to the toilet thanks to a prankster that had applied fast-acting adhesive glue to the seat.

Authorities were unable to identify any suspects or witnesses. The man suffered no injuries.

(Original article: http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/sns-ap-us-odd-toilet-prank,0,6203370.story)

Have you ever pulled such a prank as this one?

What do you think would be justifiable punishment if police find the prankster?

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Well, I would at least fine them for disorderly conduct and possible endangerment of life. What if there had been a fire? No, I've not pulled a prank that serious before, haha.

Trusten

Reaction score
lol! nice prank! maybe i shld try it some day. But if the glue is fast reacting, by the time the man walked in, the glue should have dried already. If the police found the prankster, maybe they should fine him.

Hauzer

Reaction score
No, I wouldn't pull a "prank" like this. Personally, I think it's very immature and the person who did do this should be fined. I'm sure there should be some sort of camera's around. It's just too unfortunate for the victim/elder man.

Must have been some teenager who thinks he's hard. I know not all teenagers are like this, lol, I didn't say that; I'm a teenager too.

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
No, I wouldn't pull a "prank" like this. Personally, I think it's very immature and the person who did do this should be fined. I'm sure there should be some sort of camera's around. It's just too unfortunate for the victim/elder man.

There probably are cameras around the bathroom area, but I think it's against law to have surveillance cameras pointing at people using the toilet.

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
There probably are cameras around the bathroom area, but I think it's against law to have surveillance cameras pointing at people using the toilet.

Wow! I would hope so.

Must have been some teenager who thinks he's hard. I know not all teenagers are like this, lol, I didn't say that; I'm a teenager too.

Yeah that was pretty immature. Thanks for saying not all teenagers are like that :). I can't stand the stereotype saying teenagers are immature because I know I'm not. I do have growing up to do, but doesn't everybody? :)

epyon346

Reaction score
I did this exact prank years ago in a local Denny's. It made the local newspaper as well.

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score

Yes It is illegal...lets just say when I was in HS, the school had a reason to have cameras in the bathroom...luckily...some congreeman was video taped...exposed...and had laws made against it :)

Joking about the congress...I know for a fact it was someone important politically though.

:) Thank god!

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
Yes It is illegal...lets just say when I was in HS, the school had a reason to have cameras in the bathroom...luckily...some congreeman was video taped...exposed...and had laws made against it :)

.... ........ ......... ..........

Joking about the congress...I know for a fact it was someone important politically though.

:) Thank god!

I actually think having security cameras in bathrooms in high schools may be a good idea. As long as they're not facing inside the stalls where people may be undressing themselves, it may help administrators catch suspicious behavior.

For example, at my high school, there have been instances where individuals engaged in sexual activity or used illegal drugs inside the bathroom. By using security cameras, administrators may not necessarily have surveillance of the actual activity, but they may catch suspicious activities, like a male and female in the same bathroom headed into the same stall at once, or smoke coming out of the top of a stall.

Of course, this isn't definitely invasion of privacy, as the students would still receive privacy while actually using the toilet, and the camera would only film activities in the common area of the bathroom.

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
That's stupid. Why would you wanna look at people use the bathroom anyway?
=\

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
That's stupid. Why would you wanna look at people use the bathroom anyway?
=\

As I said, it wouldn't necessarily be looking at people using the bathroom, it would be looking at people entering and exiting the stalls. The people actually using the toilet would not be watched.

And as for "why," it would be so law enforcement can better identify law breakers.

Last edited: