Database got corrupted after downtime

Status
Not open for further replies.

z_killemall

Reaction score
Well, I'll post it here since maybe someone of you can give me a hand with this...

I have a website which consists on a phpBB3 forum and a MediaWiki wiki. Both of them have been working great since the moment I uploaded them last March, but with the last downtime the something happened and now I get a database error every time I try to enter the wiki (HERE YOU CAN SEE THE ERROR BY YOURSELVES). The last backup I made was about 3 weeks ago and I've been working a lot in the wiki lately so I wouldn't like to lose everything I have done since then, is there anything I can do?

BTW, I tried to fix the database via cPanel with no results (it says the database is corrupt and can't fix it).

Thanks a lot in advance. :biggrin:

Last edited:

zen-r

Reaction score
Have you tried using the "R1Soft Restore Backups" in cPanel? (I'm not sure if it restores the databases, though).

Last edited:

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Are you sure it is the entire db?

Error: 1033 Incorrect information in file: './emugortd_pp31/wikiobjectcache.frm' (localhost)

Not sure what that file does, but it might be the only thing corrupted.

z_killemall

Reaction score
Thanks for the replys!

zen-r, I checked out your solution but unluckily it doesn't seem to back up the databases.

And descalzo, when I used cPanel's repair database tool many files were shown as corrupted. All were related to the wiki, kinda rare considering that the wiki and the forums share the same database (had to put them in the same db to be able to use a mod that allows to give the wiki editing rights only to the forum's users).

Leafypigy, I just submitted a support ticket, I hope I can get it fixed without losing many stuff :D

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Its happening to mine too, and in Joomla-which runs my main site. It displays the page, just certain modules are displaying:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/*****/public_html/Joomla/modules/mod_latestnews/helper.php on line 105

Its happened before, and I usually just wait and it solves itself.

Give it a few days, and it will hopefully be ok, as there have been updates for the free servers going on over the last couple of days, and it could be related.

Are you on Lotus? I am, and that could be the link in our problem.

Hope this helps :)

z_killemall

Reaction score
I am in Lotus, and in a matter of fact I'm not surprised that I'm not the only one with troubles of this kind. Probably one of the hard disks had some damage when the server fell down.

AsgarothBelem

Reaction score
Im having the same issues with the my databases, and CPanel repair doesnt repairs at all, jsut says that the table files are corrupted and thats it.

Does anyone have new info about this?

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I have seen errors like this before and it occurs when something was using the database at the time of whatever was going on. Heck when I first started up my home server, the database of my forum would corrupt itself until I found out that MySQL was crashing while the database had some in use tables, corrupting it. I had to wind up fixing that. Most of the time it was just something in smf_sessions going corrupt though, which was as simple as clearing out the table.

As for my databases on Lotus, they are just fine. Of course I have 3 different copies of backups stored on various places here at my home and on the Internet so if something ever happens, I can get things fixed up within minutes with either notepad or re-uploading the database.

EDIT: For anyone who has backups of their databases stored on their PC that are recent, you can use notepad and phpMyAdmin to fix up the problems you're having. I just checked my databases inside of cPanel just to make sure, all data on my databases were fine. To fix this, find out which tables are giving you problems. Open up your SQL backup file in Notepad, and open up phpMyAdmin and choose the affected database. Find the tables that are corrupt which will be marked as "in use" and drop them. Then, highlight the entire table data in the MySQL backup and copy it, in phpMyAdmin click SQL and paste the code in there. If database information was supplied in the queue you performed, the table should recreate itself after the text is uploaded. If you haven't done this, make sure you at least back up your corrupted database to another location.

Last edited:

Christopher

Retired
Reaction score
If your databases are corrupted create a support ticket and we'll fix it as soon as we can.

Status
Not open for further replies.