My Site Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

XGI Admin

Reaction score
I was inactive on the forums for several weeks; I then saw that my site was suspended and i need to post on forums i post on forums 1 month later and i find my site is completely gone. is there a way i can recover it?

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I don't think so. I'm pretty sure that once it's gone, it's gone. That's why they encourage you to and provide you with the tools to do your own regular backups.

But try submitting a support ticket and see if someone can help you.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, you can't recover your account.

Once the grace period from inactivity suspension has expired, your account is put in the deletion queue. You may ask the staff if there is anything that may have happened and your account is still there, but it's highly unlikely.

http://support.x10hosting.com/

zen-r

Reaction score
Didn't you make a back-up?

As per the ToS, sites are deleted 10 days after they become inactive = after approx 24 days of not logging in to the forums. This stops the servers from becoming overloaded with unwanted accounts.

You could try opening a Support ticket & asking nicely if they have a back-up somewhere. But it's not really fair on staff to have to do this (if they even can do it) because there are thousands of members. If everyone requested this, support would grind to a halt!

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Try writing "X10" on a calendar somewhere that you see everyday, so when it's almost been 2 weeks, you'll be reminded to login to the forum.

chucklebutte

Reaction score
wait if i dont come to these forums everyday my site can be deleted? im confused here....

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
S, You have to visit the forums within every 2 weeks. Otherwise your hosting account will be suspended.

Only login to forums. This is mandatory because to know the new information posted by staff.

Posting is not required, Just login into forums every two weeks.

zen-r

Reaction score
wait if i dont come to these forums everyday my site can be deleted? im confused here....

Wrong.

Why the confusion?

Doesn't anyone ever read the ToS?

We are told to read them at sign up. We are constantly reminded of them. They have even been mentioned again earlier in this thread.

Last edited:

XGI Admin

Reaction score
well i didn't back anything up so i guess my site is gone :( This will be something i will learn from.
please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.