Need Monster names and images

taha116

Reaction score
So my RPG needs newer and cooler monsters. Im looking for some nice names so if you give me evil butterfly i will slap u. They need to be RPGish and i need good names for minor enimies not names that r soo good they sound like names for bosses. Along with the names i need an image i can use to represnt the monsters with dims 150x150 give or take a little.

Thanks for the help guys, much appreciated.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.seventhsanctum.com/ for the names, if only to generate a ton and be able to pick/choose/mix/match what you want :)

Dun have any names/images off the top of my head unfortunately, but thought I'd share the link anyways cause it might help.

taha116

Reaction score
Intresting link, checking out the generators right now but not exactly what im looking for, i want more animal type names, still this will come in handy thnaks. Now anyone else have any ideas or names?

strangerok

Reaction score
you could always try to get names from occult stuff. Oroboros is the snake eating itself in some types of mythology. It goes by different names but ive always thought those kinds of names were pretty cool. Not to mention it gives a link to reality, somewhat.

taha116

Reaction score
Intresting idea but i dont know how i could find a good picture of a snake eating itself for my RPG. Im going offline for an hour or 2 but i will be back, anyways i will pay 25-35 credits for every decent name and image pair i am given, please make sure to resize images to a decent dimension. I will be the judge of what is decent, but dont worry i wont be super piky either (try to get transparent background images although this is not required)

cybrax

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
You could try over at worth100.com and Deviantart.com for some inspiration.

found this snippet in an old chatroom log from the days of Yahoo..

Galrog..? is that your name or were you clearing your throat, it's hard to tell

dylburger

Reaction score
I need a bit more detail are you looking for like "cyanic spider" or like a random name that has never existed?

taha116

Reaction score
no something like "gaint spider" or "forest troll" is good, btw i should check if i already ahve those 2...

fractalfeline

Reaction score
Maybe something like "Sprite of Fire" (elemental fire fairy) or "Fey Mind Mage" (lesser demon psionicist) or "Gatherer of Souls" (some sort of banshee) or "Whirligig" (insect that conjures wind based magic).

Or for comedy: "Treasure Troll" or "Blade Runner" or "Road Warrior" :) :)

lilboy

Reaction score
Evil cocoon! *runs away before you raise your hand*

No, just kidding. There are many ways to come up with creative names. For one, I'd try anagram generators. So for example, if you have a monster that is conceptually an "evil cocoon", you can have names like:

Cool Vein
Love Icon
NovoLice
etc.

- which are all anagrams of "Evil-coon".

Good luck. =D

cybrax

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Troll Crusher, Zombie Dwarf, Vampire Fairy, Mutant Toad,

anything before or after the word 'Goblin' works well l:lol: