keeping text files & personal bookmarks in protected directory

Status
Not open for further replies.

wild bill

Reaction score
Hello --

Im new and was wondering if its ok to keep some personal txt files and resume, bookmarks and misc small files own by me in a protected directory on my free x10hosting account.

Thank you.

--Bill

boris333

Reaction score
Hello --

Im new and was wondering if its ok to keep some personal txt files and resume, bookmarks and misc small files own by me in a protected directory on my free x10hosting account.

Thank you.

--Bill

It's certainly easy enough to do, and I don't see any reason why you wouldn't be allowed to, unless said files violated some kind of law or x10's ToS

masshuu

Head of the Geese
Community Support
Enemy of the State
Reaction score
http://x10hosting.com/tos.php

File Hosting Every file on your site must have to do with the website you put up, we are not a file storage service and we strictly prohibit scripts such as torrentflux or rapidleech.

i would also like to note that unlike a real backup service, x10 doesn't guarantee backups if something bad happens. Best bet would be to buy a 4GB pen drive for like $15 for any form of backups.

So while i'm going to lean toward the side of "I wouldn't do it", i can't see Corey worrying if someone had an extra 600 kb of stuff, though if you were using 10 mb worth of space then i would say no.

you also have the option of simply mailing stuff to your self. Gmail has allot of storage space, and yahoo doesn't have a mailbox limit.

Last edited:

ah-blabla

Reaction score
Best bet would be to buy a 4GB pen drive for like $15 for any form of backups..
Not a good idea: flash drives are unreliable; just about any flash drive I use regularly dies after a year or two (I have now had two last over 2 years, but that's because I rarely use them). A Hard Drive is more reliable for backup.

You might want to use something like xdrive, which gives you online storage space, but which I just discovered is now defunct. I've heard of something called box.net, which I think offers a free service.

wild bill

Reaction score
Well I wasn't planing on putting alot of docs text files, ect in the protected directory.. just some phone numbers and personal bookmarks and stuff.. I know its not for a backup but rather a quick way to just get some info off my site. Plus I just wanting to play with the protected directory option. :cool: A place just for me to access.

Thank you for your suggestions.

i would also like to note that unlike a real backup service, x10 doesn't guarantee backups if something bad happens. Best bet would be to buy a 4GB pen drive for like $15 for any form of backups.

So while i'm going to lean toward the side of "I wouldn't do it", i can't see Corey worrying if someone had an extra 600 kb of stuff, though if you were using 10 mb worth of space then i would say no.

you also have the option of simply mailing stuff to your self. Gmail has allot of storage space, and yahoo doesn't have a mailbox limit.

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
Hello --

Thank you.

--Bill

If your website serves as a personal reference where you use these files to check back on information that you have created, then yes, it is permitted.

wild bill

Reaction score
Ok thanks for the feedback everyone. I have to say the x10 community support is a very fast and friendly group of people and I'm looking forward to future communications with everybody.

Have a Great Day!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.